Capturing visitors IP in BV form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing visitors IP in BV form

Want to add to my bv php form a script which will display visitor`s IP address on the page, or possibly even better - email it to me when the form is submitted. Somewhere found this code:
    $ip=@$REMOTE_ADDR;
    echo "<b>IP Address= $ip</b>";

But have no idea how to insert it into the page so that user will read something like this:
    You are submitting this form from IP xxx.xx.xxx.xxx

Re: Capturing visitors IP in BV form

All right, just found something new. Inserted HTML object in the form with the following code:
    <?php
    echo "Your IP Address is $_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR]";
    ?>
    Displays this message on the form:
    Your IP Address is 173.3.xxx.x
    Half is done. Now I will appreciate any ideas how to email it to me along with information submited with my form.

Comment

If you want the IP address to be included in the form email, add a hidden field in your form. Name it "IP address" and give it the value: <? echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];?>

To display the IP address on the page:

Insert the following text in your page:

Your IP Address is '.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].'

Right Click it, select HTML, and paste the following codes:

in the Before Tag:

<? echo'

and in the After Tag

';
      ?>

You can format the text as you like, as you would normally do with any other text.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That was very easy to do. Sure many users will find it usefull. And it works right away, I am new to all this - and took me 15 seconds to set it up. Thank you for help.

Comment

Working...
        X