Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick H-Tag "positioning" Question for my H6 header...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick H-Tag "positioning" Question for my H6 header...

Hello,

I need to know / verify that my final, h6 tag needs to be placed below any other h-tag (h1 through h5) on the page; that being the last sequential h-tag towards the bottom of the page.

The way I understand this rule is that:
    1) My h6 tag cannot have any other lower denomination h-tags below it.
    2) Having regular text below or to the left or right of my h6 tag is okay as well, as long as that text is not using an h-tag.
    3) All of the h-tags must be in descending order (literally) as one scrolls down the page (h1 at topmost with h6 at bottom).
    4) The only exception to rule (3) is the h2 tag, which can be used as many times as I wish, yet not to be placed below my final h6 tag.
    5) And finally, I understand that all of my h-tags that I use must have that exact same h-tag phrase/syntax embedded in the related text under it. e.g. [My h-tag] "Contact Us" [My related text] "We invite you to contact us with any questions."

Am I correct in this view?

I am already familiar with Vasilli's HTML coding and how to specify font / size / color. This query above is the only curiosity that I am unable to find an answer to.

Thank you kindly for your responses.

Re: Quick H-Tag "positioning" Question for my H6 header...

Hi John,
    As far as I know you are 100% right. But I have a question (don't want to 'steal' your thread): what if we have nothing under the <h1>?

In my page I have a type of title as the <h1>, then a large picture, no text, then comes the <h2>. Do you think this is not a good SEO way of doing it? Or better, would I get better results with some text writen under the <h1> tag?

Here is the page: www.nzbrtours.com

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Re: Quick H-Tag &quot;positioning&quot; Question for my H6 header...

Hi NZBR

The way I understand this is that the H1 through H6 tags, once used, indicate a sequence of information that travels down the page, with the topmost H1 being most important, and the bottom-most H6 being least important.

If the H1 HTML code from Vasilli is being embedded in the HTML portion of the page properties, then these H-tags must be used or else the spiders will try to read them and not find them and dock you points.

Additionally, I understand that if the H-Tag code is being used, then your H1 tag must have the nearest proximity text to it with that phrase somewhere in the text, and as part of the sentence you are typing. Same goes for the other H-tags; if you use them - use text. If you do not use them, then it does not matter what text style or size you use as long as miscellaneous text is not nearer to an H-tag than its related text. I guess proximity is the thing here.

I understand that to use an H-tag and not have related text is like advertising cheeseburgers and having nothing on the bar-b-q.

On the other hand, I have a Russian page that I did not use the H-tag HTML code on my page and I did not enter any <h1> codes in the text HTML properties; simply because I had a Russian speaker type the text and send it to me and I CP's the text into the page.

TO answer your question, I would make the "The New Zealand tour of your dreams!" your H1 tag and put that phrase somewhere in your related text. I would not designate your "New Zealand Tours in Small Groups" as an H1 unless you have something to say about it.

I believe that it does not matter where you begin with your H1 tag, at any point on the page, but just as long as all the remaining H-tags are below each other respectively, with the H6 being the bottom most.

And of course the H2 tag is your main body header text call-out that can be used anywhere between the H1 and H6 (left / right / above h6 / below h1); er... if I am correct in understanding this.

Okay, I hope I did not put my foot in it. I hope we can get some clarification on this proximity and sequence issue.

Cheers.

Comment

H tags position is not relevant. Crawlers read the tags, not their position in the page.

You don't even need to use all 6 (h1 to h6) tags.

Further more, you CAN use more than one h2 or h3 etc tags, just think of a news page where you have a summary of 5 articles, so you can have 5 h2 and 5 or more h3 or h6 tags.

As you understand, in that case you could have a series like this:

h1

h2
        h3
        h6

h2
        h3
        h6

etc.....
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Super answer, Navaldesign! I get it!

'Just an additional question, though; Am I correct in understanding that there must be text adjacent to that h-tag with that particular H-tag phrase somewhere in that textual content? -OR- Is it a non-penalty to simply have an H-tag all alone, without any text, as NZBR pointed out in his web site example?

This should be all the comprehensive info I need to push ahead with my page textual content and the H-tag issue.

Thank you for your input.

Comment

Though the position in the page is not relevant, the use of H tags should fiollow a logic scheme.

H tags derive from the Newspaper language. In newspapers, there is the Headline (h1) which is followed by some text which usually contains one or more smaller head titles (h2 or h3) then there are yest more articles which use h2 (and if necessary higher h's up to h6)

So though the location in the page doesn't matter, the flow does. Your text should be logically structured and the use of h tags should be correctly placed in your code flow.

However, a H stands there to attract attention - both frm humans and from SE crawlers. But since a header by itself is not very explanatory, due to its nature (a short text) you need some more text containing the same text. Not having that text is not punitive, but might NOT contribute to your page ranking.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!

Will make the change asap! I'm ranking well for my main keyword (new zealand tours) in goolge nz - first page, but no so well where is VERY important: Australia - 4th page. Most of my tourists come from Aussie!

As Beth has pointed in some of her (great) posts, the position is different in different centers and they tend to come 'closer' once you make these important changes and the site is well known and been up and running for a while.
              Hope this improve the rank!

Many thanks again!
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
              X