navigation bar hiccup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• navigation bar hiccup

I hope someone can help with this, as suggested on another post I have changed the site to three pages to stop overlaping.
    I now have a navigation bar and I can't make it work.It's ok for home page
    but wont display for the other two.
    I have used the full url with page 2 & 3 html as I understand the tutorial this is correct.Am I doing something wrong? also no matter how many times I alter the page properties for the pages to fit, in preview it keeps going really long and just makes up it's own as what size it wants to be.
    Am I also doing something wrong on this.?
    I hope you can help cause it's driving me nuts.
    Two Cats
    www.catpetalogue.com

Re: navigation bar hiccup

Open your BlueFTP, connect to your site, and see WHERE and HOW you have published your pages, then adjust the menubar links accordingly
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks naveldesign
      I did that but still not right I can go from the home page to page 2 & 3
      but not backwards and forwards from them except back to home page
      in other words I can't go to 3 from two and visa virsa.Is there something else I shoud do?

Comment

Originally posted by TWO CATS
        Thanks naveldesign
        I did that but still not right I can go from the home page to page 2 & 3
        but not backwards and forwards from them except back to home page
        in other words I can't go to 3 from two and visa virsa.Is there something else I shoud do?
        Please send me your loggin info using http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html I'll look and tel you what to do.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Never mind, i found out what the problem is: your second page is called "page 2 html" and of course it is published as "page 2 html.html". Your third page is saved as "page3html" and published as "page3html.html"

This is all wrong. it is confusing even for the more experienced. Please do this: open your pages in BV. Save your second page with a logical name, f.e. "dogalogue". In the menubars, in ALL pages, this page has to be linked as "www.catpetalogue.com/dogalogue.html" . Your third page: call it "petalogue". the link in the menu bars, in ALL pages, for this page should be: "www.catpetalogue.com/petalogue.html"

The link to your homepage, in the menubars of ALL pages, should be "www.catpetalogue.com" . Save all three pages (the first one is called "index"). Publish them and everything will work.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Thank You.I knew it would be simple HA HA ! I'll try that now
            Two Cats
            www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

Hi Again
              I DID IT AND IT ALL WORKS.thank you so much for your help.still one small problem,the page size is set to 800 w 1250 L but when published it changes to very very long how can I fix this? I hope It's as simple as the last one.thanks again
              two Cats
              www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

page length usually will follow the last image or text on the bottom of the page, although you set your page very short but if there was an image/text down on the bottom, the page still very long.
                check again your page, i am sure there was either text or empty text on the bottom of your page
                Nyoman

Comment

thank you Nyoman I'll check that.I don't know if you can help with this.I looked at the site on another PC and some things are overlaping i have used tables to try to fix this but it didn't work.I can't see it on my PC so don't know what to do.Any suggestions?
                  Two Cats
                  www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

Hi Again
                    found an image way down on third page and removed it I also moved things about a bit to see if it overcomes the overlaping problem.I have checked all the page properties and guide settings they all seem right but I can't see any change in preview on the home page still very long.Is it possible for you to check my site to see if is any different ?Thanks if you can
                    Two Cats

Comment

I view source of your first page, and i found this
                      HTML Code:
                      <DIV style="position:absolute;left:530px;top:2439px;width:150px;height:16px;z-index:27" align="left">
                      &nbsp;
                      </DIV>
                      that means there is something in position 2439px, that is why you can not set your page less than that.
                      try to check again like this:
                      • open your page on bluevoda
                      • set page properties for the height 2500 or more
                      • click edit => select all, there you will see there are many blank text box on the bottom of your page. delete it
                      Nyoman

Comment

Hi Again
                        found an image way down on third page and removed it I also moved things about a bit to see if it overcomes the overlaping problem.I have checked all the page properties and guide settings they all seem right but I can't see any change in preview on the home page still very long.Is it possible for you to check my site to see if is any different ?Thanks if you can
                        Two Cats
                        www.catpetalogue.com
                        Well,this is because there are a few blank spaces (text) far down your home page. You don't see them because, as i said, they are just blank spaces. go in BV, open your page, go in View > Object Outlines. This will make them visible. Temporarily set the page height to f.e. 3000 so BV will allow you to scroll down enough to see and delete these blank spaces. After deletion, set your page height again in the correct number, Checl also the width number. save the page and re-publish. If you wish, make the line (the one the cat is walking on) a bit narrower. This will allow you to center your page.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Again
                          I did that and removed all bar one short line.I can'y cut it with object outline and if I use select all and cut it the whole page goes.Please help if you can the line is at 1648 down the page what is it?and how can I get rid of it
                          Two Cats

Comment

Hi Again
                            I did that and removed all bar one short line.I can'y cut it with object outline and if I use select all and cut it the whole page goes.Please help if you can the line is at 1648 down the page what is it?and how can I get rid of it
                            Two Cats
                            www.catpetalogue.com
                            I had a look and although there was nothing visible - i tried, on a hunch, to do a click drag back across the very bottom. I found a small square which I copied. When I pasted it there was all sorts of stuff in there. Gifs, purple buttons, ads..... I'd try loassoing the whole bottom of your page and deleting it - see if that works.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Again
                              Two Cats
                              www.catpetalogue.com
                              use object outline if you want to delete one by one.
                              enable object outline=> click the object and delete it
                              Nyoman

Comment

Working...
                              X