Account ID37590

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account ID37590

I am building my first web site so I am not too familiar with everything yet, so I am sorry if this question is a stupid one.
    I would like to make a link on my index page to another document that is currently a word document. I would like to know how I can make the word document a html document for inclusion in the Blu Voda import HTML tool.
    Word allows me to save the document as a webpage but doesn't give it an html extension hence my problem. If you can help me I would be very grateful and it it my my knowledge base for the future.
    I don't understand what trackback means either, sorry!

Re: Account ID37590

There are ways around using the Word document by converting it to html and so on but as you are building your first website and you are not to familier with anything yet, stick with BV as your building platform as many people us it and you will get loads of help.

You will see as you explore BV you will have lots of tools. So starting with the text tool, instert a text box and copy and paste the text from your Word Document into it. You can insert as many text boxes as you like to repostition sections of text around. You can also insert images also. You cannot copy and paste these, you have to INSERT them from the source (from wherever you have them saved on your PC). The beauty with BV is you can slide everything around and make it look like the the Word Document and once you start practicing you'll realise how easy and straight forward it is.

Good luck

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Account ID37590

Thanks very much Darren C for your advice, what you described I already tried but only some of the text copied out the same way as the original word document, the cloumns of figures were all jumbled up together instead of pasting into a neat column like the original. That's why I made the post, all very frustrating.
      as you see from my title I haven't got used to everything yet, but we all have to start somewhere.

Comment

Working...
      X