Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some can't play the files

Hi
    I have just started loading some soundfiles onto my site but I have had a few people say they won't play on their browser . I have used the windows media player box for my file and have this playing via an event on a shape template which I have made transparent. This transparent shape is then placed over the top of my dialogue, which says "play soundfile" using the Logo feature. I needed to use the logo feature as this was the only way I could get the format to look the same as my heading. If I put the windows player directly on the page as I have done on a few of my introduction page it plays ok. Any way round this please?? If you want to check it out my site is www.didjNT.com go to the Mago icon, then click on any one of the instruments, this will take you to the soundfile page where you can try to play the file.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Some can't play the files

Yes I cant play them either

Something don't look right if your right click that transparent image in properties the url is http://www.didjnt.com/soundfile-1.html#

I haven't put any sound on any of my sites but logic tells me that the url should be clicking through to a sound file.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi Darren

Can you check on of the soundfiles on this page http://www.didjnt.com/soundfile-21.html for example. Some of the pages haven't got soundfiles as yet. it could be that some browsers can't handle the transparent shape(which is where the comand to play the soundfile is) sitting over the dialogue which is actually a logo.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi

I have decided to dump the transparent shape over the dialogue thing and opt for the usual thing of having a soundfile linked direct to an image with the media player showing when playing, hopefully this will suit all browsers

Thanks for your help

Paul

Comment

Hi, just try to be as simple as you possibly can, load you're file via the windows media player, just like you did, then insert the shape and give it a good look, go on to the events tab add 2 events, one (on click) acction(play) and two (on Double click) acction (stop) and it should work just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X