downloadable links for customers with SOHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloadable links for customers with SOHO

Hello, I hope this question isn't beyond the scope of using SOHO and if it is maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
    Question: Is it possible to sell .wav files through paypal and automatically send customers a downloadable link (that will expire) to a protected area on my site to download the file(s) they purchased. If so what would be the easiest way to set up? I know their are 3rd parties who do this but if SOHO can do this, then I'd rather put in the extra effor to learn how to do it myself. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Elevate Your Music
    HipHopTraxx
    Blue Diamond Marketing

Re: downloadable links for customers with SOHO

Originally posted by wgreene
    Hello, I hope this question isn't beyond the scope of using SOHO and if it is maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
    Question: Is it possible to sell .wav files through paypal and automatically send customers a downloadable link (that will expire) to a protected area on my site to download the file(s) they purchased. If so what would be the easiest way to set up? I know their are 3rd parties who do this but if SOHO can do this, then I'd rather put in the extra effor to learn how to do it myself. Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Create authorised users. Give them allowance to a pass protected directory. As soon as they have paid, email them the username that they can use to enter that directory, and of course, the link to the file. The user pass can be set to expire after say 2 or 5 days.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
      Create authorised users. Give them allowance to a pass protected directory. As soon as they have paid, email them the username that they can use to enter that directory, and of course, the link to the file. The user pass can be set to expire after say 2 or 5 days.
      Navaldesign, thank you for your input......as a follow up question, is there a way to "automate" the sending of the username and links to the customers or would I have to respond to each sale? Thanks in advance

Elevate Your Music
      HipHopTraxx
      Blue Diamond Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by wgreene
        Navaldesign, thank you for your input......as a follow up question, is there a way to "automate" the sending of the username and links to the customers or would I have to respond to each sale? Thanks in advance
        Maybe you should just do something else: They first visit a page where they do a search for the wav they like. This can be automated creating a database in Soho and a querry. You ONLY give them a pass that is also stored in the same database, and it is the same for that wav for all users. The link to the file is also stored in the same database, but you don't give it to them. . They click on Paynow, and paypal after payment gets them to the download page.There you have another querry: they simply enter the password they had got before, and the querry comes up with the link.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hey navaldesign,
          can you explain how to do the above in details l mean the procedure.
          I appreciate your time.
          do i need to create any form and how do i add the payment method to database?

Comment

I would need more than 4 full pages to give "click this - press that" instructions. So i give you just the directions: plan the whole logical procedure in your mind. Write down what you need to have in the database. F.e., you need to have these cells: Song Title, Author, Album, Link (the file name under which it is stored on your site and the path), Code, Price, are f.e. some fields you might need in the wavs table.
            Then you must create a a page in Soho, where you, manually, can add the new items, uploading them from home. Then you need another page with a querry based on either title, or keywords, or Author,ecc. You might need more than one querries, or a combined one, to get theresults from the database. In these results, the wav's code will be visible. At this point, if you don't want to complicate things too much, they simply copy the code, repeat the procedure for as many wavs they want, go to Paypal to pay, they come back and input the codes, one at a time, in another page, to get the download link from where they actually download the wav. Going a bit further, you can also create a further database, with the customer ID and his purchases, and the return form Paypal page could be his own account page, with all the links of the wavs he has purchased. So he download them from there. Also, this way, he will be able to download them also in the future again, simply entering his own account.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X