PHPBB Forum in BlueVoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB Forum in BlueVoda?

How do I incorporate a PHPBB website into my BlueVoda webpage? I'd like to make it so that the forums are not separate from the site, but have the same atmosphere, aka sidebars, logos, etc.

Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
    Zach
    Animal Crossing Village!
    Your one stop website for the quirky and fun game of Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World, and Animal Crossing City Folk!
    Check us out now!

Re: PHPBB Forum in BlueVoda?

Hello there and greetings from Alicante, Spain.

This is my first post and since I found no "presentations" forum will give my greetings here.

I'm currently working on something similar and your best option is to use an iFrame to open within your web site. Just give the frame the size and it will work and look cool. Other than this, the only other real alternative that I know of is using Joomla (which I hate!) and bridging your PhPbb to your main index.

I too would like to have some sort of "bridge" to show latest posts, who is on line and a direct log-on from my front page. So far, no luck at finding this so I will opt for a nice cool looking iFrame!

Comment

Originally posted by zachev2kool View Post
      How do I incorporate a PHPBB website into my BlueVoda webpage? I'd like to make it so that the forums are not separate from the site, but have the same atmosphere, aka sidebars, logos, etc.

Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
      Zach
      Use an I Frame Zach. Here is an example http://www.imperialrfc.org.uk/rugby_talk.php. I didn't use PHPBB but something similar.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thats a great idea as I have been searching for the same type of solution since I cant really change anything in phpbb because I cant write HTML.

But one big question. If you use an IFrame and you happen to be at the bottom of the page and click something, you have to scroll back up to see the next page. Since the page doesnt change and only the page in the frame does I cant figure out a way around this.

I am concerned doing it this way will become very discouraging to people and will drive them away.

Any suggestions?
        Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        Use an I Frame Zach. Here is an example http://www.imperialrfc.org.uk/rugby_talk.php. I didn't use PHPBB but something similar.

Comment

Yes I noticed that....but in the case of my rugby team, I thought I'd wait to see if I get any moans and groans.....early days but nothing has been mentioned yet.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I found another problem with doing it this way. When the forum is indexed by search engines the links will be directly to the forum and not the page that you want it to be viewed on with the IFrame. When people click the Google link as an example they will be taken to the forum that will not have the look you desire.
            Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
            Yes I noticed that....but in the case of my rugby team, I thought I'd wait to see if I get any moans and groans.....early days but nothing has been mentioned yet.

Comment

Big delay but have found there are tons of styles for PHPBB and you can ad banners and adsense around your forum. This is what I ended up with Racing Now.info

It takes some learning but it can be done.

Comment

Working...
              X