X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting my WP Blog in a subdomain

Hi,
    You may have read my recent posts where I have been trying to find out how to "combine BV pages with my WP blog", I think I have now found the correct terminology to rephrase the question so hopefully I can get some help.

My WP blog domain is http://budgetmama.com
    I would like it to be http://budgetmama.com/blog

I am hoping that if I put my blog into a subdomain I will then be able to upload some BV pages into the public root directory or something like that?

I see websites all the time that have static pages plus a blog with urls along the line of what I just suggested.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can have complete artistic license with my static pages but also benefit by having a dynamic interactive blog too.

I can only see 2 ways to do this is:

1. create a different folder/subdomain in CP then upload any static pages I have designed myself into one folder and leave the blog untouched in another folder while still being able to add content to my blog through wp-admin

OR

2. register another domain such as BudgetMamaBlog.com and then just create links between the two

Someone please help, it's driving me nuts and I only have a limited time to get this up and running the way I want it to before uni starts and I wont have time.
    Sarah

Re: Putting my WP Blog in a subdomain

Anyone out there?

I have created a subdomain in cp.
    How do I move my wp blog into that folder? I tried dragging it in but when I did that my blog just dissappeared :(

Sarah
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

Scroll down till you see Software/Services

Click on fantastico deluxe

On the left menu, select WordPress

Click on New installation

Name your blog anything you want
      your root would be your domain name for your static website

And follow instructions to create your login and your password

When it says Install in Directory, enter the name of your blog

Then a little lower,

enter your user name and password and you are set to go.

It will lead you to the wordpress login panel

If not, then in your browser URL address field, enter the
      following:

http://budgetmama.com/your-blog/wp-login.php

it will display your wordpress admin login panel.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Hi wysiwyg4

Thanks for answering, but I'm over my depth here. I already installed WP via fantasico months ago but now want the blog to be in a subdirectory so that I can also upload static pages using BV. The whole thing is getting quite confusing and so I have decided to get someone to do it for me freelance, I've stuffed it up too many times already.

Thanks anyway :)

Sarah
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X