dns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dns

Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me, I have been a member for a while now but still find things very confusing. I have bought my domain names from other suppliers and have pointed the domains to vodahost but I wanted another domain name and thought it would be easier to buy it direct from vodahost! Yes I have registered the name successfully but in the confirmation email it says i need to update my name servers as this is not done automatically, i have looked through all the help pages etc and still cannot find what I am looking for.

Please can somebody point me in the right direction, I have had a hellish day and just want to do this one thing before I go to bed tonight.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Re: dns

1) What is the domain name you bought?
    2) What is your full name?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

the name I bought is woman2womanusa.com and my full name is janice hills

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04
        the name I bought is woman2womanusa.com and my full name is janice hills
        Hi Janice, go to Vodahost Domains, enter your account, then click on the domain name you have bough. This will bring up the properties of your domain name. On the first part, DNS or nameservers, don't remember excactly, click on "Change Service" then choose User and at the end enter the nameservers of your main account. If for example you are on Voda 7 & 8, you need to fill in the first two fields with ns7.vodahost.com and ns8.vodahost.com .That's it
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help naval design as usual you always reply to me but i went in and ticked user and then it came up with a warning box that if I did that my name would no longer be on vodahost?

I have watched the tutorials but when I go into the domain account the page it shows you on the tutorial doesnt come up, I am really getting frustrated, I purposly bought the domain through vodahost so I didnt have any messing about and I think I have made it worse.

All I want to do is set up a new website!!!!!

Sorry to rant but think the family are fed up with hearing me so it has to be you. Ha ha

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04
            Thanks for your help naval design as usual you always reply to me but i went in and ticked user and then it came up with a warning box that if I did that my name would no longer be on vodahost?

I have watched the tutorials but when I go into the domain account the page it shows you on the tutorial doesnt come up, I am really getting frustrated, I purposly bought the domain through vodahost so I didnt have any messing about and I think I have made it worse.

All I want to do is set up a new website!!!!!

Sorry to rant but think the family are fed up with hearing me so it has to be you. Ha ha

Jan
            Don't fear, go on. this is the way it is supposed to react.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, on your head be it.

Jan

Comment

One more question before I go in and do it........ how do I know what numbers I need, i.e 7 or 8 etc

Jan

Comment

Working...
                X