Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email creation for client

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask but here it goes.

I am due to start creating a website for a client due to own a domain name with .ie in the end which I know Vodahost cannot host but I could point my nameserver to the domain company. Anyway it occurred to me that my client would like to have an email address including his business name for example
    info@dubli................ie

Question is do I set up a POP in the CP as per video and then find out which email server client uses ie outlook express, etc etc or is it something else. I noticed that when one sign up for a domain name they can choose to include an email address option to go with it or not. I am unsure how this works. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

ID 26824

Zimba

Re: Email creation for client

Originally posted by Zimba View Post
    I am due to start creating a website for a client due to own a domain name with .ie in the end which I know Vodahost cannot host
    Not correct, VodaHost can NOT register a .ie domain name, but can host it without any issue.

but I could point my nameserver to the domain company.
    You need to point the nameserver to the ones relevant to your customers VodaHost account

Anyway it occurred to me that my client would like to have an email address including his business name for example
    info@dubli...............ie

Question is do I set up a POP in the CP as per video and then find out which email server client uses ie outlook express, etc etc or is it something else. I noticed that when one sign up for a domain name they can choose to include an email address option to go with it or not. I am unsure how this works. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
    Zimba
    Once you have pointed the domain name nameservers to the VodaHost account, you can create as many email accounts like info@dubli..........ie as you like following the instructions of the video tutorial.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign for your help....

Not correct, VodaHost can NOT register a .ie domain name, but can host it without any issue.
      Have known that...I may not have clear on that.

You need to point the nameserver to the ones relevant to your customers VodaHost account
      The customer will not have a Vodahost account but I will be hosting his website under my account. Would this create a problem?

Once you have pointed the domain name nameservers to the VodaHost account, you can create as many email accounts like info@dubli..........ie as you like following the instructions of the video tutorial.
      I am not very clear about this one....once I create the email account for the client via my CP and email server do I give the client the username and password or do I need to go to his computer to set up his email account under his say outlook express????

Still learning here as always with this fantastic forum

Comment

1) Your customer would need there own hosting account. You can either get them to sign up and ask them to email you the login details. or you can set it up as an additional hosting package in your billing account.

2) With emails you would have to access the Cpanel to set them up or show them how to do it.

They can view their emails 2 ways
        - Webmail www.therewebsite.com/webmail - they login with their email address and password
        - or give your customer clear instructions on how to download the emails to say outlook express (or you can do it for them)
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by Zimba View Post
          The customer will not have a Vodahost account but I will be hosting his website under my account. Would this create a problem?
          Yes, this is not allowed. This is reselling which is prohibited in a VH shared hosting account

I am not very clear about this one....once I create the email account for the client via my CP and email server do I give the client the username and password or do I need to go to his computer to set up his email account under his say outlook express????
          Theoretically you could provide him the email account username and password and let him configure his Outlook Express (or you could do it for him).
          But, as said, you are not allowed to host his site, so this is irrelevant.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh ok I am not allowed to create a website for anyone else but me! Right didnt realise that so if I get my client to sign-up your hosting program and it comes with a free domain this wouldnt work with .ie...can my client still buy the hosting without purchasing the domain?

Comment

Yes your client can still buy hosting from VH. The domain however will have to bought from a domain registrar where you will need change the name servers to the ones VH give you.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
              X