Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem with tables. (the positions of the items change in page preview)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with tables. (the positions of the items change in page preview)

Domain name: www.spinal-deformities.gr

When I preview a page created with bluevoda in the browser, objects appear in the wrong position. Although in Bluevoda they are correctly positioned, in the previewed page a picture for instance which is supposed to show directly under a text shows much further down, leaving a huge blank space in the page (between the end of the text and the image).

I tried to overcome this by creating a table with one column and two rows. I put the text in the first cell and the image in the cell underneath. Although I set the cellpading and cellspacing attributes to 0, there still is a large blank space between the contents of the cells. Obviously I can set the image to appear on the ‘top’ of the lower cell, and the text to the ‘bottom’ of the upper cell but this leaves a big blank space on the top of the page (since the text starts further down). What do I do?

Re: problem with tables. (the positions of the items change in page preview)

i looked at your site and it appears you have the same paragraph repeated 4 times across the width. if you open you page in the builder put the width to about 3500 pixels and you will see the same paragraph repeated. your actual page width should be 836. for some reason the picture does not show up on my page but i think you have the idea. i put together, took out the repeated paragraphs and it looks like this:
    www.videopostcards.info/test250.html
    hope this helps.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for your time mrmagoo144
      I, myself had the text repeated 4 times across the width of the page because each time I tried different table settings and still the text and the image appear in the wrong positions relative to each other. You say that the image does not show in your browser why do you think that is? It is a jpeg image of a signature. Unless you can see the image you cannot help me with the positioning. The other think I noticed is the characters on the page you have created are not readable. Is this because you cannot read Greek from your browser or will everybody see the page like this?

Comment

i do not have my computor set up to write or read greek. that is why it did not come out right. i think you will need someone that understands your language to be effective. i still dont know why you have repeated the text four times, sorry i could not help any more
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I can see the page just fine, but I don't know where the image is supposed to be, and what it is supposed to . Greek appears just fine in my Vista laptop and Desktop.

The table vertical alignment is set to "bottom"

Set it to "top"
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign thank you for your time.
            The image (a signature) is supposed to be directly after the text. The only way I can achieve this is by setting the upper cell (containing the text) vertical alignment to "bottom" and the lower cell (containing the signature) vertical alignment to "top". But this makes the text start lower down the page and not at the top of the page.
            Generaly I have great difficulties with position of various objects on my page.
            Please visit www.spinal-deformities.gr/scoliosis_test.html to see an image from bluevoda builder and please observe the relative positions of the main text and the image. Also the positions of the grey horizontal line and of the text box reading "legal disclaimer".
            Then please visit
            http://www.spinal-deformities.gr/scoliosis.html to see how the relative position of the images, line and text change in page preview. (these objects appear much further down) I cannot find a way to position objects in bluevoda builder so that their relative positions do not differ in page preview.

Comment

Working...
            X