Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with BlueFTP

Hi

Iīm new in VodaHost and have some troubles here.
    I have put the index page in the server, however:

1- When I try to look for it through my browser it seems that doesnīt exist! Do I need to do something before in the cpanel to make visible the page in the WEB? Or is just a matter of time? Or I need to do something more elsewhere to make it public?

2- When I try to Edit the index page from the VodaHorst server I only can see the text there: no frame, no photos...just text. I just need to publish the index page or do I need to upload some files more (image files, template files, etc) to see more than a text page?

Someone can help me in these two questions?

Thx
    Rui

Re: Need help with BlueFTP

Well, hopefully you have an account with VodaHost?
    If not then you wont be able to publish anything!
    If you do have a domain name that is either pointed to VodaHost/transferred to VodaHost or, indeed, bought from VodaHost, then all you need to do is publish the pages through the publish icon on the tool bar.
    Editing can, of course, only be done in BlueVoda.....
    hope that helps.
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Yes I do. But there is something wrong between me and the server

Comment

Originally posted by rsusano View Post
        Hi

Iīm new in VodaHost and have some troubles here.
        I have put the index page in the server, however:

1- When I try to look for it through my browser it seems that doesnīt exist! Do I need to do something before in the cpanel to make visible the page in the WEB? Or is just a matter of time? Or I need to do something more elsewhere to make it public?

2- When I try to Edit the index page from the VodaHorst server I only can see the text there: no frame, no photos...just text. I just need to publish the index page or do I need to upload some files more (image files, template files, etc) to see more than a text page?

Someone can help me in these two questions?

Thx
        Rui
        Hello

I had a similar problem when starting with my first page.

If the VodaHost's page opens instead of yours, try the instructions I received in this thread:

I hope it helps.

German
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Tx German

In fact I can see the page by clicking the index.html icon in BlueFTP server but without the frame and the photos. Why the photos are not in the page if they have been uploaded from BV too is the question. What am I supposed to do?
          Moreover, when I click on the place of where supposed to be publish a photo and ask for properties I read this:
          file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Rui/DEFINI~1/Temp/images/bv01706.png
          Strange, because it was not supposed that BV was looking for the photos in my own PC!!!!

About the 2nd question...the page is not seen when I look for it in my browser. In my Bill VBS - My domains - Configure DNS Servers - I have n17.vodahost.com and n18.vodahost.com and Use the Following Name-Servers selected.
          Do I have to change these names by the DNS numbers (288.56 etc) from the Login email?
          Do I have to choose the option Use Standard Name-Services ?
          Thatīs why i can not see the page (even without frames and photos) in the web?

Tx
          Rui

Comment

When you wish to publish your index page to the internet, you must use the Publish icon on the BlueVoda toolbar.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I did it!!! Sorry if I was not so clear. I´ve donne (I think) everyting I learn in the tutorials.

Comment

What's your web address?

Comment

www.hospitaldahorta.org

Moreover, I can access to my Voda vsb, BlueFTP, etc without problems.
                  When I click over the index page and edit it in the BlueFTP in my browser address i see:
                  file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Rui/DEFINI~1/Temp/index.html
                  This is the same for the photos.
                  I would expect that this address was different...not a file from my own PC!

Comment

Your page is up and viewable, but it does have some problems all right.

So, is this what you're doing?...

1. Opening your index.bvp page in BlueVoda.
                    2. Using the icons on the toolbar to add images, etc.
                    3. Saving the index page
                    4. Publishing with the icon.

I just want to be sure because I don't understand what you mean when you say you edit your page in BlueFTP.

Once we figure that out, we can take some steps from there.

Signing off 'til tomorrow.

Comment

Hi Tom

I can see the page in BV and seems rigth when I click the icon preview.
                      Then, I publish it in public_html with success.
                      However at home, in my desktop or in my laptop I open the IE or MF I write www.hospitaldahorta.org in the address line and nothing happens!. The message is: No results for this page.
                      Meanwhile no problem with bvs, ftp, cpanel etc. As I said before the active servers are ns17.bluevodahost. com and ns18.bluevoda.com.

I check the BlueFTP and all files, including the photos are there!
                      When I say that I edit the index page from the BlueFTP i want to say that (after publishing by BV) pick up the index page. Thatīs the only way I can open it in my browser
                      What happens then? I see the web page but it has only the text.
                      Some non-fill framelines are placed where it was supposed to be some photos and the frame. Then I look for properties of each "ghost photo" and I see the root of each one: the root tells that the original photos are in my PC and i guess that shoud be in the domain hospitaldahorta.com (please read my previous messages)
                      So there is something wrong with this and I am not able to found a solution.

I am an amateur and Iīve read the tutorials. Also, is not the 1st time I work with a FTP program. I was trying to publish a web page in another domain before and was easy to upload the files with CoffeCup. However I was using BV and BV does not work at 100% out of ********. So...I have made my registration here almost 48h ago but I was already making the page with BV almost 2 wk ago. With this I mean that BV is not 100% new for me too.

Tx for help
                      Rui

Comment

IT WORKS! If Iīm not wrong it was just a matter of time. The index page is viewable in my website 48h after my registration. It seems that we can accede to our domain thought the FTP program but the server is not ready untill 48 h....
                        Letīsee..
                        Thank you anyway
                        Rui

Comment

Tom

The page has gonne. I can not load the page www.hospitaldahorta.org The msgs in the browser are

Adderess not found
                          The Firefox could not find the server at www.hospitaldahorta.org.

By the BlueFTP I can check that all files are there. Meanwhile Iīve delete and upload everything again ...but the result was the same

What should I do?
                          Rui

Comment

My Firefox can find and view your index page.

Maybe your ISP or your PC is the culprit?
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

"Maybe your ISP or your PC is the culprit?"

What you mean with that? What can I do to check it please?
                              Important: The page is not viwable in my laptop too....

Comment

Working...
                              X