This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Magento site

Is it possible to build a Magento site before you have an IP address similar to the way a site is built in BlueVoda?

Andy DeMarco
    www.demarcoinstrumentrepair.com
    Andy

Re: Building a Magento site

No. You must in fact have a hosting account to download and install the Magento script, and to create the databases as required.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

In your opinion what is the best shopping cart to use?
      Andy

Comment

It really depends on a number of factors:
        1. What is your actual ability to configure, manage, and evolve a cart yourself;
        2. What are the features you require to present a cart properly, and which cart system has them available and in a form you can administrate/configure/manage yourself easily enough to perform properly;
        3. How much time. money, and effort are you willing to dedicate to set up your cart from square one?

You might benefit from comparing the features of some of the featured shopping carts available to you as a VodaHost Customer as presented in this thread > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/var...o-magento.html

I can afford every aspect of Magento, and personaly favor the cleaner code and built-in functionalities not comparably found in other carts.
        For ease of use and economy overall, I lean to osCommerce despite it requiring a steeper learning curve that intimidates most.
        For an out-of-the-box reliability and quicker sense of satisfaction, I'd consider ZEN.
        For beginners, I suggest Soholaunch.
        Whatever ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X