X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another PDF question

I read the other thread and I've done this -

".pdf's you simply upload to the server via FTP. In BV Click Tools>FTP Manager. Connect. On the left you see your PC Files. On the right your Server Files. So find your pdf and drag/copy it to the right to where you see all the other pages of your site."

But then I get stuck here -

"The url of this would then be something like http://www.mysite.com/mydoc.pdf"

I'm confused about how this page is created on my site.

I'll have a link on my site that will open the PDF. How do I create that link so that the PDF opens?

Thanks!!!

Re: Another PDF question

I want to know how to do that too. I'm at the same stage as you.
    Thanks

Comment

A PDF is read from your computer and is not as such a page. The viewer will need abold reader installed on there computer and as 95% on them have you will have no problem.
      Opening the PDF is done by clicking on a link on your page, now this can be done by a button, image, text or what ever you want. The bluevoda tutorails will show you how to link each, the link will be laid out as you have said.
      A example of adding a text link is =
      1/ highlight the text you wish to link.
      2/ find in the bluevoda tool bar the link button ( small world simble with a link ) and click to open.
      3/ enter the URL path to your PDF and click ok.
      4/ save and publish.
      5/ go to your page in browser and test, the link will open your PDF reader on your computer and download the PDF content for you to read.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I understand how to create links but what would the link be to the pdf? I'm stuck at the same place as tshobie.

Comment

Originally posted by VIC SHALLOW View Post
          I understand how to create links but what would the link be to the pdf? I'm stuck at the same place as tshobie.
          If you successfully uploaded a pdf and the name of the pdf is 'mydocument.pdf' then the link would be

Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X