Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large gap down the page between text and images Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large gap down the page between text and images Help!!!

Hi,
    I am really really stuck with this. Can somebody please help me?
    Although in the BV page, the text and images show as designed, in preview and when published, there is a large gap down the page between text and images or between several text boxes. Any changes to the width and height of the page don't seem to affect the published page.
    To see what I am talking about please check
    www.spinal-deformities.gr/bvpage.html
    and compare it with
    www.spinal-deformities.gr/publishedpage.html

Any help very welcome.

Re: Large gap down the page between text and images Help!!!

You have a text box ending with (προβλήματος με βάση την εμπειρία που υπάρχει στο ειδικό κέντρο) Try going past the last letter & hitting delete to shrink the text box so the blue tab is just under the last line. make sure the image is ok & save. Know publish all files again & see if this helps.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi again,
      Thank you for your reply.
      I have tried that already and it doesn't change a thing. I have found the same problem described in various other threads in this forum (keyword: text alignment), but there is really no solution. It must be a bug of BV. It is really frustrating because the site looks unprofessional.
      Thanks again for your time and if you think of something else I would really appreciate your help!

Comment

Must admit i am still using BV10 as there seems to be some hiccups with 11 still. But i didn't have any problem re producing your page. Sample.
        The text hasn't been changed.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

enm,I'm not sure about this but why don't you shorten the vertical line that's between your left menu and the main body.
          And also narrow a bit the length and width of your page.
          Double check to see if you didn't use more than three different fonts on the same page.

Comment

Amen Chris, I am having the same problem.

Tried everything short of redesigning on a new page.

Gaps, gaps, gaps!
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you all!
              The problem persists.
              Maybe it will be addressed in a future BV version
              Thanks again

Comment

Hi,as a last resort,perhaps you need to save everything that's in the current BV folder and uninstall BV11•4 and install the stable version BV10.Once intalled, try opening the same troublesome page with bv10..but honestly, I don't think BV is the issue here,good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jazzme View Post
                  Hi,as a last resort,perhaps you need to save everything that's in the current BV folder and uninstall BV11•4 and install the stable version BV10.Once intalled, try opening the same troublesome page with bv10..but honestly, I don't think BV is the issue here,good luck
                  Hi, jazzme
                  Thanks for your tips. I will try to do what you suggest but honestly what is the issue here if not BV?

Comment

I have that problem a lot too especially when I use a regular straight line anywhere on the page like you have at the bottom.

When I take them out it sometimes works or I start the page over without them.

Plus sometimes the browsers may cause the gaps because the page breaks somewhere around the 1000 pixle height marks. Try stopping your text before the 1000 page height mark and then start a new text and or pictures a little after that point.
                    Hope you figure it out!! It does get frustarting.

Comment

Originally posted by lawnman777 View Post
                      I have that problem a lot too especially when I use a regular straight line anywhere on the page like you have at the bottom.

When I take them out it sometimes works or I start the page over without them.

Plus sometimes the browsers may cause the gaps because the page breaks somewhere around the 1000 pixle height marks. Try stopping your text before the 1000 page height mark and then start a new text and or pictures a little after that point.
                      Hope you figure it out!! It does get frustarting.
                      Thanks alot.
                      I will try that. Also I just thought of trying something else...
                      I will let you know as soon as I know if it works.

Comment

Hi,
                        I think I just found a way round it. Instead of text boxes I tried to put my text in solid shapes (with border=0). No more gaps!!! I haven't tested it thoroughly and
                        I have yet to publish my page, but in preview it looks just fine. I will keep you posted...

Comment

Hi again,
                          My solution comes with a heavy toll.
                          1st the text in the shape is converted to an image and therefore there might be delays in displaying it and
                          2nd Google cannot "see" the contents of it.

So the problem still remains unsolved!!

Comment

Working...
                          X