Captcha first...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captcha first...

Please help... my site and page with issues are as follows: http://imobilepro.info/mobile_professionals.php

Captcha worked at first, then quit working. I fixed again, then it quit working again. (I'm very frustrated and trying to figure out what link I am needing to fix...what am I doing wrong???) Please help!?

(I apologize in advance, but have tried to search for a solution that works for me and have been unable to find one...)

Secondly, the combobox box allows for several selections, but when the information is emailed, only one selection shows. How do I fix this to show all selections?

Thank you for any help on either of these issues!

Re: Captcha first...

For the multiple selections, add square brackets after the field name: Mobile Profession[]

For the captcha issue: the captcha IS working but displays only the background and not the characters. There might be a permissions issue, or a missing font file, or, you have not published opting for "Publish All files".
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have placed brackets behind all of the field names... I originally did this, but thought that the brackets would not show when published. They did, I didn't like the way they looked, removed them and it hadn't seemed to work properly either way... Is there any way to not have the brackets show?

Regarding the captcha, when publishing a web page, I do have "Publish all files" selected. The font which worked originally was Verdana... I didn't change the font and it just quit working. I recently tried the Arial font, since this is the font used throughout my website, but this did not work either. How do I upload a font to my website?... and where do I place it? (Or, check to make sure that the correct font uploaded?)

Also, how do I check permissions? (To make sure that this is not the problem...)

Thank you again...

Comment

The brackets won't show! As the field names don't show ever!

I don't mean the labels (the "title" text) that you put beside each field, I mean the filed name. Double click the field, and in its properties dialog box add [] : make it "Mobile_Profession[]" (without the quotes)
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry... guess I misunderstood about what a "field" is.
          I corrected this issue, but still am confused about the captcha issue...

Regarding prior questions:

When publishing a web page, I do have "Publish all files" selected. The font which worked originally was Verdana... I didn't change the font and it just quit working. I recently tried the Arial font, since this is the font used throughout my website, but this did not work either. How do I upload a font to my website?... and where do I place it? (Or, check to make sure that the correct font uploaded?)

Also, how do I check permissions? (To make sure that this is not the problem...)

Thank you again for taking the time to help me!

Comment

uploading a font can be tricky. all i did was google "upload new fonts" hope this helps
            Installing new fonts
            Installing new fonts
            Close any open Windows applications, such as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Outlook®.
            In Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes.
            Note If you are using Control Panel Classic view or Microsoft Windows 2000, double-click Fonts, and then go to step 4.
            In the task pane, under See Also, click Fonts.
            Note If a folder tree appears instead of the task pane, click Folders on the toolbar, and then under See Also, click Fonts.
            On the File menu, click Install New Font.
            In the Drives list, click the drive you want.
            In the Folders list, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.
            Under List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.
            good luck
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you for your reply, but I think that I'm missing something completely...

Where in my cpanel (which folder) should be used to upload a font to?
              Should it be in the public_html folder? I don't see a folder or any files referring to fonts in cpanel...

...If I only need the font(s) in question on my own personal computer... this should not be causing issues for captcha... I have Arial & Verdana fonts installed / very commonly used fonts.

Sorry for my confusion...

Thank you again...

Comment

The Verdana.ttf file already exists on your server, and has no permissions issues as i can download it fine.

I can only suppose that you changed somehow the font and you did NOT publish all files.

Please check that it is set to "verdana" and publish the page again (All Files) then report back.
                Navaldesign

Comment

There was no font change, but just in case there was an inadvertent change, I deleted the previous captcha and inserted another one with no change to the font (nor anything else...) Then I saved the page. Then, I published the page, making sure that "Publish all files" was selected.

There is still no image for the captcha...

Please help! (Thanks for your help & patience!!!)

Comment

I'm afraid that the above have exhausted the theoretical potential problems. Without access to your account I can't be of much help.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Could you take a look for me to let me know what is incorrect and/or what I am doing wrong?

(I am sooo confused...)

Comment

As I said:

"the above have exhausted the theoretical potential problems. Without access to your account I can't be of much help. "
                        Navaldesign

Comment

As you can see, I still haven't been able to locate the issue.

I would be happy to send you my login info, if you would be willing to take a look. Please just tell me where to send it... (Sorry, but this is what I meant the last time, but did not convey my message very well.)

Thanks again!

Comment

You can use my site contact form to send me your login details. Please provide also the form URL so i don't have to search the thread again....
                            Navaldesign

Comment

You had NOT specified the font type, so the script didn't know which font to use so it didn't appear.
                              I fixed it on the server for you, fix it in your own page.
                              Regards
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X