Using Yahoo Mail - Forms dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Yahoo Mail - Forms dont work

This is my first post, but when switching to Voda from Yahoo I left my email there so as not to lose 2 days worth of emails. The biggest problem I had with the new site was the forms would say success and give you the success page - email would disapear. I couldnt find another forum about it, but if you find yourself in the same boat the answer was simple. Go to control panel to MX exchange and change the server name to bizmail.yahoo.com, I assume you change it to any server other than yahoo. The emails that were showing success were being sent to the default email in the Vodhost CP. Maybe a couple of you more skilled voda users could chime in on how that works with other 3rd party emails and save the next newbie the two hours of frustration I had.
    Ronnie Springer

Re: Using Yahoo Mail - Forms dont work

I am not sure about MX exchange and all that...seems far to complicated..lol

I've looked at your contact page and that looks OK
    What is unclear is whether or not you have set up an email account in your cpanel for ronnie@etctec.com?

If you have you can access your mail

by going to http://www.buildingmainstreet.com/webmail
    The user name is your email address
    The password is whatever you gave it when you set up the email address

Once inside you can choose Horde (I use Horde, there are others) and you can read and send mail etc. What you can also do is set up a mail forwarder so when something hits this mail box it will automatically get forwarded to an email address of your choice. In your case Yahoo.

Hope this helps
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I dont have an email anything like that.... Where did you see that? I only have @mysite.com...
      Ronnie Springer

Comment

I clicked on Ronnie Springer in your signature and then I looked at your email address on your contact page.

I am not gonna type your email address here because of spamming but it is ronnie@etcetcetc.com

Have you set up email address for 'ronnie' in your Vodahost C Panel?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
        X