mp3 downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 downloads

I want to make MP3's able to be downloaded.. how can I do it.. I have them playing but cant seem to work out how to set the download thing up.

Hi Jodie, you are not allowed to post MP3's on your vodahost account.

Sarah :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: mp3 downloads

When you say 'post' does that include music playing in the background? If I wanted to have a something playing with an on/off control on the page, could I not have an mp3 instead of a .wav file?

I tried using a .wav file on one of my pages but it took forever to load on dial-up, and I was told by a friend that if I converted it into an mp3 it would be much smaller without losing any of the quality. If I can't use an mp3, are there any other ways to make a .wav file load quicker on a page?

Comment

Gresley-
        Unless you own the rights to the music file (ie. -you produced the music or have express permission from the owner of the music) you may not post mp3 or play them on your site.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The two music tracks I wanted to use are both freeware, specifically written for people to use on their sites in games or videos, that sort of thing. They're both .wav files which I used a free music program to convert to mp3's.

I've been very careful to look for things that are absolutely free to use, and if I've been in any doubt about whether or not I'm allowed to use these things, I've always asked or just not used them. Everything else I've used is either stuff I or my friends have made ourselves, or things that I've bought for use on my site.

Comment

Then you are golden. Simply upload them to your server via the FTP Manager. Once on the server- then create a link to them. Or- use one on the metods described here:
            http://www.netisopen.com/computer/audio/st001.html

Hope that helps some. Additionally- if you do a google search on free web music players you will find a host of other scripts/methods.

Cheers,

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy. I'll take a look. :)

Comment

Working...
              X