im haveing a prob with osCommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im haveing a prob with osCommerce

i have a website already that is www.24hrsupermall.com and i have few domain names on it i just install ocCommerce to ont of my domain like i saw in the vidoe so here is my prob.

Q1 how do i start to build a store with a shopping card from ocCommerce ?

Q2 how can i accses my Cpanel for ocCommerce ? where do i go to start to build the site ?

Q3 im trying to build a store with like 5000 or more item is ocCommerce good for that ?

Q4 do i need to down load anything to use ocCommerce ?

please help :(
    thanks
    Danny B.

Re: im haveing a prob with osCommerce

visit here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_osc.htm
    Nyoman

Comment

i already did all that i install it to my account
      but now how do i set it up ?
      how do i open it where is the Cpanel for it ?
      im really lost here i dont know what to do

Comment

to acces admin area. if you install in your main directory the admin should be at www.yourdomain.com/admin/index.php and if you install in sub directory, the admin should be at www.yourdomain.com/youroscommerce/admin/index.php
        Nyoman

Comment

its giveing me this message
          Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory

how can i fix that ?
          here all the info i get and where it was install

/home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/includes/configure.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/admin/includes/configure.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/includes/languages/english.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/includes/languages/espanol.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/includes/languages/german.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/admin/includes/languages/english.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/admin/includes/languages/espanol.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/admin/includes/languages/german.php configured
          /home/dxynzwe/public_html/shopndropstore/data.sql configured
          and its under www.shopndropstore.com am i missing something thats im haveing the prob with that ?

thank u again for ur help with this ...

Comment

Php.ini is a file on the server that configures features of PHP
            I think you need to open support ticket for this problem
            Nyoman

Comment

hmm i did and they send me a e-mail to go to see the vidoe that i saw like 50 times alraedy and did it again and again but im still havceing that same prob.
              did u ever intall that softwere with bluevoda that u can tell me step by step where everything need to go i dont know maybe im doing something wrong here well i know i do and i really need to start to build that store i have to put like over 5000 items :(

Comment

Yes i have install many script and so far i have no problem,
                Try to uninstall and re install again although i am not sure about that because as i said you got warning about php.ini as far as i know that is something to do with the server. In this case the script you are using needs register_globals on, otherwise it won't work correctly.Maybe vodahost has this turned off for security reasons,
                tell vodahost exactly the warning you got, and i am sure they will fix it
                Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory
                Nyoman

Comment

i did in delet and redo it like 20 times i just e-mailed them again and i hope they can fix it becouse im trying to get this to work for a week now
                  and again thank u for ur help with this

Comment

Working...
                  X