Adding Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Flash

I am very new at this and need help. I have a flash slideshow that I would like to auto start on my home page. It only consists of 5 images. When I preview the page it is blocked by my IE, asking me to allow blocked content. I then click yes and it is there. I do not want everyone who visits my site to have this issue. Is there a way to make this happen?
    Any feedback will be appreciated.

Re: Adding Flash

The Preview always does that. Once you publish, it won't happen on your browser or anyone else's.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank you so much - I have been trying this different ways for about 4 days now. I have added the flash slideshow using the "flash" button on the left of the page. Is this the correct way? I want to be sure you are sure of the problem only being in preview because I am doing this for someone else and do not want to publish without know it is correct.

Also, the navigation buttons I have put in using the button on the left side are also blocked by IE until I click "allow block content" is this only in preview mode also?

Thanks again for your help

Comment

It's OK to publish a test page. You can take it down again. What I usually do when I'm not sure if something will work is just put it on a page I already have just long enough to try it, then I remove it from the page. If you publish a page, you can delete it from the server by using FTP Manager under the BV "Tools" menu.

Using the Flash button is correct. Same with the navigation stuff.

Comment

Thanks again, I will try to do a test when I get my account set up. I am transfering my domain name to vodahost so it may take a few days before I am able to do it.
          I have another question for you since you seem to know alot about building websites.
          I am confused on where to put "codes". If the code is javascript do I add it by clicking the script button on the left and choosing java or do I just click on the html button on the left and put it in there? I have found sites that offer free html codes but when I get the generated code it says javascript. Also when it says to insert in the head of the page what do they mean. I have watched the tutorials but did not find these answers.
          I appreciate your help.

Comment

html can go in two ways. One is the html box that comes up when you use the html button. The other is by right clicking on the page background and picking "Page HTML..."

It's easy to experiment until you get it the way you want. However, Preview will often let you down on this and Javascript. I'd highly recommend you publish when you can so that you can best try these things out.

Best wishes with your site.

Comment

hope i can add my 2 cents - as tom has told me that adding html coding from an outside source can be a little tricky. he suggests that you copy the code into notepad, then copy and paste the code from notepad to the html tool box.
              like i said just my 2cents worth
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Your 2 cents is greatly appreciated. I can use all the help I can get. I look forward to testing the flash slideshow out - do you have any words of wisdom for me on that subject? I have one that I made with a free flashslideshow maker that I put in using the "Flash" button on the left. I also have a script I could use to input one. Do you know which is best to use?
                Thanks

Comment

i always use the flash tool on the left. when i make the flash file i will set up the size, method of playing and embedd the player or not depending on what i want to achieve. if you have a swf file you will not have any problems playing on your webpage.
                  hope this was the answer you were looking for.
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Greetings,

Just read the thread and you guys are ahead of me, you were able to add your flash; I haven't been able to get my flash to work. I uploaded the html file and the shockwave file; clicked on my sitebuilder's flash tool, and opened my flash doc, and then selected "embed file". I only get the pink background of my flash but not the slideshow. Can someone please help?

I am a newbie with this, so if I sound confusing, now you undertand. :)
                    Last edited by Dawnslight; 12-05-2009, 08:59 AM. Reason: asked for assistance

Comment

Working...
                    X