Lost SWF file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost SWF file

Hi. My site has a swf video file on. I am now creating a new site and can not find the original swf file. Can I find it in the control panel in order to use on new site. If so, where would I find it?

Cheers

Re: Lost SWF file

yes you should be able to find it in your public_html folder for that site. is it still playing live on the internet? if so you can capture it directly from the internet.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi. Have found a f4v file in file manager. Not sure if this is the correct video or not. Have downloaded it to desktop, but cant open it. Any advice?

Also the video is live on the internet www.outdooractivities-in-essex but cant see how I can download it on to a new web site. If you right click it, all you get is sttings and about adobe flash player.

Comment

I have now found the correct swf file in file manager. I was trying to download it onto the desktop in order to then use it in my new web site, but it downloads then gives a message:
        "File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel"

Can anyone explain what to do please

Comment

first of all the link above is not correct.
          if you have a swf in your file manager - i assume the swf file is at the server. how did it get to the server? you can ftp the file back to your hard drive by using the ftp tool in tools. once the file is on your hard drive. open a new page or existing page and insert the flash tool on the left (funny looking f) and then by using browse you can upload the swf from your hard drive to the web page. then you can preview the video.
          hope this helps.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X