Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a single contact yet...

HI guy’s,
    My website has been on line for a couple of years now, but nobody (really!) contacted me yet. Please review my site and be so kind to tell what’s wrong.
    Also Vodahost changed me to another server and I don’t know how to follow the changeover. I cannot publish any updates to my pages anymore. I don’t know what a “cache” is. I used the link to the new server, but apparently I keep saving to my old server (I’m literally flying blind here…).
    Thanks for your help.

www.sarbliny.com

Re: Not a single contact yet...

Not surprised your getting no response. I bet your page cant be found if you type in anything to do with jewellery. I'm sorry to say, but it felt like i had walked into a shop that was closing down. To many missing images & links to things like 114 & 115?
    You mentioned that no one had contacted you, but you only have the link on your home page. I had to search for it.
    You have keywords that are the same on all pages like...........
    "collection,
    the ultimate collection,
    contemporary,
    modern,
    fine,
    discount,
    collections,
    art,
    outlet,
    gallery,
    print,
    collectors,
    management,
    quality,
    service,
    services,

These could refer to anything with the words being used from stamps to coin collections.
    Have a read on this for some basics.
    Your page title is only of use if someone already knows the name of your site. This should also be particular to each page.
    On the server part, it would be worth a look in this area to see if there has been any upgrades.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Collectors-info.
      Thank you very much for the review Chris, appreciate your honesty and the link to SEO Basics. Btw, the necklaces #114 and #115 can be found in the Turquoise collection. I have read many articles on SEO but realize now that it’s not my thing. Apparently I just don't understand it. Unless someone can show me how to pick the right keywords for my site, I’m about to throw in the towel. Maybe it’s something I should have done long ago. I’m getting too old. Anyway, I enjoyed learning building web pages with Blue Voda very much. Thanks BV.

Comment

Best thing with building a website is to think in reverse. Think of all the words & phrases you would type into google to find a site like yours or objects on your site. Now incorporate these words & phrases into your web pages with some emphases on the important words to a particular page. Now make sure these important words are partly in the pages title, description & keywords areas. Google wants to send its visitors to the best pages in relevance to what someone is searching for, " its good for them".
        Also treat each page as an individual page with these words only having relevance to each page.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, for the underlying encouragement in your reply. My barometer almost reached the “forget it” mark.

Maybe you have noticed that my site is more of an online picture brochure for a professional public. The site intentionally contains little text. It’s like you wrote, most professionals don’t like to spend time to read. They prefer pictures.
          But isn’t this is contradictory to what Google and most SE want?

Anyway before I’m able to continue, I first need to figure out how to get rid of the old BV server and change over to the new one BV forced on me (J) so I can republish my pages again. As I wrote before, I’m not good at this hosting and control panel stuff. Until that’s fixed I’m kind of stuck. Any pointers?

Thank you, Ben.
          www.sarbliny.com

Comment

Ok! from what i can make out you are now on a new VH15 server with an ip of 208.43.222.139 So when you want to publish a new page or make changes to an old page, use this new ip number.(login & Password should be the same) It's quite possible that this new number is not on your BV ip list when you go to publish. If not! you will have to download BV again to repopulate the list.
            The link should be for BV10 as the new 11 still has a few bugs.
            Make up a quick test page & try to see if that gets you going.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks to your directive I managed to get on the new server. It took a few tries but I got there. Don’t ask me how though. I changed the site to a more contemporary look and published already a new index and contact concept page for you to see. All pages will follow this new design. I would greatly appreciate your comments if you could find the time to have a quick look at the index page properties. Is this is what you mean about the page title, description and meta tags?

Also, many thanks for putting me on the right track again, you made me find the fun again in creating BV websites. My hopes are up again to get to the point where a few contacts will come in when I finished and republished the improved site.

Really appreciate you help.
              Sincerely, Ben

www.sarbliny.com

Comment

You need to fix the link in this most recent post, but the one at the top of the page works. Your site looks good. Better keywords, too.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks for your reply Tom, but I really don’t understand what you mean with: “You need to fix the link in this most recent post, but the one at the top of the page works”.

Sincerely, Ben

Comment

I mean the link you posted doesn't work. Mouse over it and you'll see you have it linked as "http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/www.sarbliny.com" The link you posted in your first post does work because it is "http://www.sarbliny.com"
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

“Wholesale Affordable LuxuryFashion Jewelry - High End - Limited editions”
                      You can try the above title, but not sure i would type this as a Google search.
                      Possibly
                      “Fashion jewellery – Wholesale - Limited editions”
                      Remember all these words must be in the pages text content.

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi guy’s,

I changed the index page title. You’re right, it was too much. I also intentionally disabled some of the links on the pages until the site is entirely on line. Thanks everyone for all your efforts. I’m back.

Sincerely, Ben

Comment

Working...
                        X