This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Fields

How do I Enable the hidden fields on a form?

Re: Hidden Fields

Double click your form, and when the Properties dialog box appears, look at its bottom. Click on Add to add a hidden field (name and value)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

But, Does It Work in the preview page? Or do I have to publish the page in order to test it out? The problem I am having is that even thought I put the hidden fields they do not appear when I selected the option I choose to appear the hidden fields

Comment

Hidden fields have nothing to do with preview or published page. Hidden fields don't appear anywhere, you have to look at the page HTML to see them.

Formsubmissions will not work in preview, you need to test by publishing on the server.

Not sure what you mean by "The problem I am having is that even thought I put the hidden fields they do not appear when I selected the option I choose to appear the hidden fields"

You see, hidden fields are what they are called: hidden. They don't appear anywhere: What is that you mean ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I don't know how to explain it, but I will try it one more time. Do you know that when you are filling a form online you start typing all your information ok...? Then when you get to an option and click on it (let's say a combo box) another field appears for you to fill that out too depending on what option you selected on the combo box, do you follow me? Then you finish the form and submit it.

Regards,

Peter A Castellanos
          Computer Analyst
          MRPC&TECHNOLOGIES
          421 Jersey St,
          Harrison, NJ 07029
          Phone: (973)477-7596
          Email: pcastellanos@mrpctechnologies.com

Comment

These are not hidden fields, they are chained select drop downs with a futher Javascript to set the second one to "visibilty: hidden" and make it appear when a selection is made in the first one.

Usually the second is not even hidden, it simply has no values until a selection is made from the first one.

Look at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ects/index.htm
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X