Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported Flash Banner file shows unwanted grey areas

Hi,

I have a Flash importing problem, namely BV seems to add additional areas around any swf movie I import into it. If I have inserted the next image correctly, you will see that the Flash Banner has dark grey areas to the top and bottom.

The grey is actually the background colour to the movie, even though the banner is only 780 x 150 in size.

Just in case the image above does not show properly, here is a link to a page that shows a screenshot of Bluevoda with the Banner Flash file in. It also has a couple of Flash test buttons as well, and they too are suffering the same problem. The link is:

The following link takes you to that same file when uploaded to the website. The dark grey areas disappear, but that is not the last of it. You will see that the Flash Banner is nearly twice the height it should be, so the swf file has stretched to fill that whole area that the imported Flash Movie in BV takes up. The link is:

When I open the banner swf file outside of any software program, it plays as it should (with the right dimensions I mean).

I have checked and double-checked Flash Publish settings, and even tried other settings as well, but nothing has worked.

A big "Help!" anyone?

Thanks,

Steve.

Re: Imported Flash Banner file shows unwanted grey areas

When entering flash on a bluevoda page no matter program or how you made it it is always best to make the box the same size as the flash was intended to be in this case 780X150,
    in a lot of cases with flash when entering on to a page in bluevoda the item will ether not show at all, blow out of per portion, or show but not how intended.
    this is not problem with bluevoda more a design program problem dew to the fact that different programs put the swf file together in different ways.

Other ways to put the flash file on the page is to use the html box and add the code manually but also making shore the html box is the size of the swf file.
    in your case the coda would be something like this.
    You can see by this DEMO of your banner

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="780" height="150" id="Flash2"> 
    <param name="movie" value="stars_and_waves_4d2.swf"> 
    <param name="quality" value="Best"> 
    <param name="scale" value="ExactFit"> 
    <param name="wmode" value="Transparent"> 
    <param name="play" value="true"> 
    <param name="loop" value="false"> 
    <param name="menu" value="false"> 
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="false"> 
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value=""> 
    <param name="sAlign" value="L"> 
    <embed src="stars_and_waves_4d2.swf" width="780" height="150" quality="Best" wmode="Transparent" loop="false" play="true" menu="false" allowfullscreen="false" allowscriptaccess="" scale="ExactFit" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"> 
    </embed> 
    </object>
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Re: Imported Flash Banner file shows unwanted grey areas

Thank you Dude for taking the time and coming up with an alternative, very much appreciated. I need to have a think about how to proceed with this now.

Thanks again,

Steve.

Comment

Working...
      X