images being swapped randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• images being swapped randomly

Over the last month I've noticed image errors on some of my webpages. For example, a black box shape would be changed to the image of one of my navigation buttons from another page. Another page may have the black box shape where the nav button should be. A logo from one page is placed where a product image was on another, and etc. Everytime I've noticed one of these errors, I simply republished the damaged page and its been corrected. Later I'll notice these random errors elsewhere and have to correct those pages.

Here's my theory... Awhile back I was in my cpanel files and noticed that some images that had been removed from the site were still in my folder. Since I no longer needed them, I deleted these files. Is it possible that now when BV is uploading the webpages its somehow renaming image files to account for this, thus incorrectly reassembling the pages?

Either way, what's my fix? And if it is due to my file deletion, how do I correctly "clean house" in the future?

Re: images being swapped randomly

You can goto BV Tools>Publish and select the box to use your original image names and file extensions so BV when publishing will not change them and the file extension to .Png.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
    X