No announcement yet.

Backgrounds and text appearance order…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backgrounds and text appearance order…

Hi,
    You can set the appearance order for the above on each page to preference. I used to know this but forgot how it works. It has to do with “move to back” (I think).
    I like the backgrounds (colors) to appear before the text when someone opens one of my pages. It has a more professional look to it.
    Much obliged.
    Ben

www.sarbliny.com Open and see what I mean.

PS. Only my home page is published, navigation is intentionally disabled until all the brain wracking is done (or is it wrecking?) :)

Re: Backgrounds and text appearance order…

Not sure you can Ben. The 'move to back' feature is for the purpose of layering and has no bearing on the order to which they are displayed in the browser.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

i have looked at your site and here is what i see:
      1. home page is too long - looks like the page is about 550 pixels long and you have this set somewhere near 1300 - go to page properties and change the length. the page loaded up quickly so the background will not be an issue.
      2. none of the links at the top of the page are working from the home page, they are working from other pages. i did not look into that in more detail as you should fix the home page first.
      3. on the collections page - is there a background color? didnt see one so assume there isnt any. this page also is too long.
      4. i also do not see any way i can buy a product from you?
      hope this helps you and good luck
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

The order that you modify elements affects the order they appear. For instance, a list of text boxes will appear in order from top to bottom if you modify them (like send to back and return to front--that's a modification) from bottom to top. The last one modified appears first. At least that's the rumor.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi y’all, (Lived in Texas for a while J)

Thanks for your much appreciated advices and comments. I am rejuvenating my site, experimenting so to say, that’s why the pages are too long, links intentionally don’t work etc. When finished I’ll be back to ask y’all to review my site again if I may.

About the appearance order, Tom Finley is right, I remember now. I picked this trick up years ago from George - DB Technosystems.

Ben

www.sarbliny.com

Comment

The reason for your page being to long is http://www.sarbliny.com/images/bv11846.gif

Go to your home page in BV & click on any item in the page & press "Ctrl A" to highlight all, scroll down & you will see the offender.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Dit it, found it, deleted it.

Thank you Chris,Ben

Comment

Working...
              X