Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to place keywords

Hello,

I wonder where to place keywords: star of page, between head tag, inside body text etc.

I have subdomains in two languages.

Thank you!

Re: where to place keywords

In page properties > Meta Tags Tab
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

On the index page only or on every page? What about two language sites?

Comment

Every page

Keywords must be specific to the content on those pages.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

My page is in Spanish (mainly) but the prospective visitors I am interested in will most probably be looking for keywords in both Spanish and English languages (My ideal visitors would be engineers, researchers, technicians, universities professors, etc. Most of them have a reasonable knowledge of English and could prefer to crawl in that language, which has the most of the information in the net). It is acceptable to include keywords in both language in the meta tags, even if some of the English words are not included in the texts of the page? Or should I add a list of the English keywords somewhere in the page, say at the very bottom, for example? Please comment.

German
          German
          www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Hmmmm...I'll let someone else with plenty of SEO experience comment on that.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Alway good to have keywords as a heading to a paragraph & posibly give it a <h> tag of 123 for its relevance. Its not good to just have 1 list of key words on the page as this might be looked at as spamming. Dont use any words or phrases in your key words area that are not on the actual page. Remember that it is also good to have these words in your title. I would also look at using English keywords, but also see if there are universal words that can be incorporated in the pages.
              Even though! engineers, researchers, technicians, universities professors is very similar to ingenieros, investigadores, técnicos, profesores universidades & are understandable to us. I am not sure how cleaver the SE's are on this.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris for helping me again.

The warning about keywords being regarded as spamming was most interesting.
                I think I will write the type of the equipment in the title of the pages in both Spanish and English , so they can be found in either language.
                German
                www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                  Alway good to have keywords as a heading to a paragraph & posibly give it a <h> tag of 123 for its relevance. Its not good to just have 1 list of key words on the page as this might be looked at as spamming.
                  could you please explain about what a <h> tag is?

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
                    could you please explain about what a <h> tag is?
                    Did you pop in a forum search? This link & the signature in Beth's post might explain.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

In my opinion the best place to put keywords is in a link on someone else's webpage for google.
                      Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

Originally posted by germansin View Post
                        Thanks Chris for helping me again.

The warning about keywords being regarded as spamming was most interesting.
                        I think I will write the type of the equipment in the title of the pages in both Spanish and English , so they can be found in either language.
                        I forgot! Remember that the keywords are relevant to the one page & not the whole site. I am not sure if the SE's have the ability to translate words for relevance on a page to all languages. So might be best having key words match the pages contents only.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If your page is in Spanish... use Spanish Key words for that page. If English, then the same applies... English key words. But I wouldn't worry too much. Meta Key words are no longer taken seriously by the major SE's
                          The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
                          X