Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble newbie seeking help with Soho

Hello everyone,
    I recently switched from Blue Voda to Soho to build my ecommerce site. I am selling my new book Acting with Integrity as an ebook and a paperback.
    I am completely lost and confused.
    Could you go to www.actingintegrity.com and let me know what I am doing wrong. I don't even know where to start.
    I thank you for your patience and support.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Kitley
    www.actingintegrity.com
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Kitley

Re: Humble newbie seeking help with Soho

Ryan .... So what's the hang-up you'd like to deal with first? There really isn't an obvious fault, you know!

I went through your Purchase process, and it looks pretty well situated .... except that I could not test out the download processing without actually purchasing, so THAT remains to be given a full passing grade. I would be interested in being assured that you successfully configured your download process so it is a one-time download rather than a link that can be shared again and again ....

You've spent a lot of time developing the content on the index page .... composing the pitch to make the conclusion for conversion palatable.
    More on this in a bit ...

However, I see there is very little site "customization" made yet -- no Header, no global Page Titles or META, etc. You should consider at least making a simple textual Header, to at least identify the site with some legible identifiers. Or to put your 'mark' on it somehow.

Which brings me back to composing Contrent. You should consider creating additional pages, additional Content for each new page, to add not just to the visible 'credibility' of the site (a bit more thought out postures a better overall visitor experience) but also would support and diversify your pitch, rather than cramming it onto the Index page: create pagfes like "About Me" where you tell more about yourself, your experiences, and why people should want to share/buy your perpective, as well as possibly a professional Bio; a "Policy" page, which is pretty much required if you are collecting money online, to spell out your Privacy, Identity Protection, and Transaction policies; a "Contact" page with an email form, so you can deal with everyday communications as well as any potential consumer issues as they deal with your purchase provisions; possibly an "Excerpts" or "Review" page where you can whet their appetite for more by providing excerpts, or glimpses into the content they should purchase; etc.

Add more of stuff you would expect to see on any other real site. Put yourSELF into your site -- communicate with your visitors.

* The more content you put on your site, the more relevancy, and the more generic resources there will be upon which the Search Engines will place value and can then cache to present to Search Clients when they are looking for "acting, actor books" ..... see what I mean??

If you have any difficulty trying to customize any part of the installation (headers, etc.) just review the Tutorials available from VodaHost and dive into the Official Soholaunch Support Options, especially the Forum to scan the many, many threads of people prior to you that asked the same questions and were provided with the solutions.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Humble newbie seeking help with Soho

Thanks so much for the advice Vasili.
      I started in Blue Voda and then switched to Soho but sometimes when I do a search for my site actingintegrity.com it takes me to the old Blue Voda pages. I want to make sure people are not directed to the old Blue Voda site. Does it have something to do with naming my home page index? I am confused about that as well.
      I thank you for your patience and support!
      -Ryan Kitley
      www.actingintegrity.com
      Sincerely,
      Ryan Kitley

Comment

Working...
      X