Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts not compatible?

My website: http://www.livewtl.com

The font that I made the pages in does not show up when the page is actually published on the computer. It is a different font. Which fonts are compatible in all computers?

Thanks!
    Avery :)

Re: Fonts not compatible?

Try optimizing your browser first.

Tools>options>advanced

Also check your font display settings.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

for future info look here
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

And, yes, stick with web-friendly fonts if you want your website to appear the same in everyone's computers - or at least the fonts to appear the same. Using a font that isn't web friendly will mean the whole page will change on a computer that doesn't have that font installed.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          Using a font that isn't web friendly will mean the whole page will change on a computer that doesn't have that font installed.
          Can text be published as image, where we can right click properties, check and convert it into GIF image? in that case we can still keep the font that we want and others still can read.

Comment

Originally posted by WSBlue View Post
            Can text be published as image, where we can right click properties, check and convert it into GIF image? in that case we can still keep the font that we want and others still can read.
            Whenever I try to save fonts as GIF pictures, they take a long time to load on the page whenever the page is published.
            Avery :)

Comment

And remember, you don't want to put text as images if you want that text to be able to be read by all, including Google, Yahoo, etc. I highly recommend you use TEXT and use one that is webfriendly. But yes, in cases where you don't need it to be read by all - you can do that. But like Avery said, it will cause longer load times if you add more and more images.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X