Ad banner rotator problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad banner rotator problems

In the new release of BV I was very glad to see that we can now have a fade or slide transition in the Ad Banner Rotator tool. But I'm having some problems with the tool:

1) On a page I'm creating, I have a scrolling marquee of text near the rotator. The rotator (set to "fade") seems to be making the text slow down and then (just after the latest image has loaded) speed up suddenly for a second or two.

2) So, based on #1, I tried switching the rotator from "fade" to no transition. That makes the marquee flow more smoothly, but I just noticed that when I click my main nav bar (above the marquee), and then click back to the page with the rotator on it, the images aren't rotating. I have to refresh the page to get the images to start rotating again.

3) The "slide" option on the rotator seems messed up. Each image looks OK as it starts sliding into the frame, but then the image flashes rapidly (for about 1 second) and doesn't finish sliding into place.

FYI, I've sized all the images I'm using in the rotator to 566x250. That doesn't seem overly large, does it? I appreciate anyone's help with any or all three problems above.

Re: Ad banner rotator problems

be a lot easier if we could see the problem. do you have a link?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Yes, here it is:

Comment

what i would do with the pictures to get the right transition is use a software that creates a flip book type animation. it generates the finished file as a gif file so upload is good. here is an example of a header with 4 pictures changing with smooth transition:
        www.scanportonline.com
        and if that didnt fit your needs then i would make a movie file - swf and use movie transitions. an example of this is:

in this example i kept it at a wmv file but could easily have converted it to a swf file. swf file will open quickly in any browser without downloading a player.
        if you need some help, you could send me the pictures and let me know what effect you want and would be happy to do it. again the first one is the easiest to work with regarding size etc....
        let me know. you can contact me through my website.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

So, if I read between the lines, you're basically saying I should give up on BV's ad banner rotator? I don't want to have to do that. I want that tool to work as it should. I'm sure the BV folks feel the same way.

Comment

blue voda is a great website builder. the best in the world, but it cannot do everything. i believe the ad banner is working like it was designed but you may be looking for more than that.just showing you that sometimes you have to use other methods to achieve the results you are looking for.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
            X