FLASH vs. Non-Flash vs. "some" FLASH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLASH vs. Non-Flash vs. "some" FLASH

Hello everybody. I recently finished developing my site and it's been published for about a month or so. However, the more I look it, the more I'm not happy with it. It's just too simple looking and too amateur looking as well. So, here's my questions.

1.) I've thought about going to a flash site, using the templates provided by BlueVoda. However, I know that SE's HATE flash so I'm wondering if that's a good idea or not ?

2.) Should I just stick with regular HTML and not worry about flash ? I would be sacrificing looks for SEO however....

3.) What about incorporatng some flash into the website ? Does this hurt SE indexing at all ?

I just need some advice on what to do here. I really want to improve the site but I don't want to run into problems with SEO. Any suggestions ?

Here's my site... http://www.amprowritingservices.com

Re: FLASH vs. Non-Flash vs. "some" FLASH

Must admit your site is not the most exciting of sites. But would i use flash for a whole site? Not personally. Tend to find a lot of flash sites slow & not se friendly, & quite often have text that is small & hard to read. With your site it looks like you just need a good template & go from there. You can use flash for some extra effects with images or adds.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: FLASH vs. Non-Flash vs. "some" FLASH

Hi Andrew,
      ...just my 2 cents: I realise the nature of your business is such that things tend to be somewhat "formal"? maybe even "conservative" with a small 'c' LOL but I would experiment with a little colour. Not too much, obviously, - it is a 'business' site after all. Nevertheless, some colour here and there would be nice - even if it's just a different font colour?
      I agree with Chris in that I wouldn't make the whole site a flash one, but - sure - why not have one or two flash elements incorporated somehow?
      By the way, there is a little side-scroll on all pages....not too much....maybe a tweak on the page widths.
      good luck, anyway,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
      X