Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captcha help

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a Captcha on this form, but I'm just getting a broken image and alt text displayed. Can anyone help?

Re: Captcha help

PS I know the formatting on this page is really bad, but it's orphaned at the moment and under dev - just trying to get the captcha to work.

Comment

Also, I'm using BlueVoda 11... should I download this ABVFP I'm reading about?

Comment

Showing up fine at this end on the published page. The Captcha will only show up on published pages & not in preview.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay. I got that working - at least, displaying okay, but I was having trouble with getting it to function correctly, validating the captcha, etc.

I've just come back from two weeks off and have completely forgotten where I was up to, so I've started again from scratch, using the example form, here: http://www.begreen.com.au/formtest.php .

My first question is, why is the Editbox next to the captcha disabled? I can't click in it to enter text - so when I click submit, the form processes fine, without the user having entered anything in the captcha box, because they can't! I haven't changed any of the settings for it in the example form - this is how it was from the ABVFP tutorial download.

Comment

Address, city and mobile Editboxes are also "disabled" - but disabled checkbox in properties is not checked. Same for the captcha Editbox.

Comment

Have just renamed city Editbox from "City-A" (default setting) to "City-R", and it now works. Will try the same for Captcha.

Comment

Okay, that's solved the problem (somewhat) with the "disabled" Editboxes, but I can leave the captcha Editbox blank, or put in incorrect text, and the form still processes fine.

So, my next question is, how do I get the captcha to validate itself? Because it obviously isn't.

Comment

Strangely enough, it seems to be working now, that is, validating/invalidating. I don't know why it wasn't before.

I changed the captcha Editbox back to its' default name, "captcha_code" - without the R, and it still worked, too. So, somehow in the process of changing the name, it seemed to 'jiggle' something, and make it work properly?
                  Last edited by business_man; 01-12-2010, 05:15 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Thanks me! You solved your own problem. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X