• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I publish files and go to site I get INDEX OF /

Hi,
    so I redesigned my site in dreamweaver,
    I published the files to my vodahosting account

but when I go to my site (www.coreycarlsonmusic.com) the pages are not there

instead it says Index of / and has a folder of images and videos

if you click on the images folder and it takes you to my index page but then when you hit enter on that page there is no page beyond that

ALL of the files are in public_html on my server

why would the site not show up immediately??? IN other words why do I get index of / when I go to www.coreycarlsonmusic.com

any thoughts?

thanks,
    chris

Re: When I publish files and go to site I get INDEX OF /

You probably disn't publish a "index" page (it is the default name for the initial page) OR you published this page in the wrong location (folder)

Right now I can't see anything at all, as you seem to have deleted everything.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks,

so i republished everything to show you what it looks like

i get the following error message:

Index of /

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at coreycarlsonmusic.com Port 80

when I click on images it takes me to what should be the index page, the rollover works as it is supposed to... however, after you click enter it is supposed to take to the bulletin.html page, but instead i get a NOT FOUND message...

i know for a fact that index.html and bulletin.html are on the server

any thoughts?

Comment

Chris,

This the link to your page:

http://www.coreycarlsonmusic.com/??

Remove the double question mark.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Here is your page: http://www.coreycarlsonmusic.com/Images/bulletin.html

I believe that you have used a folder structure which is wrong. HTML files (index, bulletin, etc) should NOT be in the "Images" folder but on the top (root) folder. This is probably something you have done wrong in DW.

In fact, you have the Images folder, then another "images" folder inside "Images", as you can see in http://www.coreycarlsonmusic.com/Images/images/
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi I am in same situation - get Index of/
            I am groovygrooming.org
            please help
            Thanks Jerri

Comment

Make sure your home page is called index all lower case and publish it.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
              X