help with cursors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with cursors

I have found a new cursor that I want to upload to my site. Tested on blank page on preview mode ( I put this in the beggining of body tab) it worked no worries. I copied this same process on to my actual web page previewed it and didn't work, so I tried publishing it and still no luck.
    could someone guide me in the right direction. please

PIP
    www.rocksrevealed.com

Re: help with cursors

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by a new cursor. Normally, the cursor is the element that enables you to track where you are on the screen (i.e. arrow-like point of the mouse when you move it around, the blinking thingy that tells you where you are in a document when you are typing). What exactly do you mean?
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi there Millie.... yes that is what a cursor is and does, but you can have different types, the one I would like to use on my site has a trail of stars as a tail... it would perhaps keep the customer a little while long on my site. and... for some reason it will not load on to my site? Louise/pip

Comment

Hi

From what I know of cursors, their properties (shape, speed, animation) are set in one's computer. If you want to change the properties of the pointer in your mouse, you have to do it in the control panel of your pc (open control panel, double click mouse). I have not heard of anything to change the cursor of a PC through a website. I may be wrong and I would be interested to know how its done (for knowledge rather than something to keep visitors in the site).

I have read some opinions here that the best way to keep visitors is through good contents, and I agree.

good luck
        Millie
        www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi there Millie... this is the cursor that I would like to work on my site.... all the stat's on marketing know that most visitors to your site are lost within the first 30 seconds.... so in order to keep them there a little longer I would like to use this on my site.. my content is very good and I would love potential customers to read and see my content.... every little bit helps to keep your traffic on your site... I am sure you would agree...
          www.rocksrevealed.com Louise.

Comment

hi Louise

I do not really know anything about scripts, so I cannot help you there. So, from what I saw on the link, it looks like this might work for you. Although I do not know about scripts, I still had a look at the source of your page. I just noticed that the start of the script that you are supposed to copy in-between <body> <body> really is not in between. You inserted the start of the script in the same line as the first <body>. Maybe that is what is wrong. But as I said, I do not know about scripts. This is just an observation.

Good luck
            Millie
            www.subeagle.com

Comment

Some scripts wont work as browsers get upgraded over time. This sites worth a look for cursor scripts. (The star one wont work on this site either) but the comet one will?. Remember when adding one of these script to remove the very last chevron in the script or it will show in the top left corner of your BV page. IE: The last line should look like </script & not </script> BV will add the last chevron.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris (I think)

Over my head and out of the park. LOL
                Millie
                www.subeagle.com

Comment

Thanks Chris and Millie..... will keep on looking and trying.... Blue Voda support is exceptional......... thanks Lou/pip

Comment

Working...
                  X