Create upload site for Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create upload site for Client

I dont have issues accessing FTP manger from BlueVoda. I can access and upload no problem. We dopnt have issues allowing Clients to access to FTP specific secured folder either. My issues are when our client access the site:

MY issues when client access are as follows:

1. When ftp://ftp.wilprojects.biz is typed, they are directed into a WEB page and to access the FTP site, they need to click page and then click opent FTP on Windows explorer, which is fine if the Client knows the process, if not, then they are lost as the page will open to this message "
    "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I have seen some FTP site that when opened, it provides intruction on how to access FTP site. MY question is:

How do we set up this page?

2. Then, before it opens the FTP site, a pops up FTP Folder Error window appears, which is a major issue for us because this is where our Client stops and ring us for assistane. My question

HOw do we get rid of this pop up error window?

3. After going through step 2, we then arrive to a FTP site which does not have a log-in window, where Clients are unfamiliar, they again ring for assisnce.Question?

How do we then set-up this log-in box for our Client use to access the site and finally dowload files we uploaded?

PLease help as we are currently in the middle of a big project and Client assistance is becoming handful for us to deall with.

Thanks

www.wilprojects.biz
    ID # 33965

Re: Create upload site for Client

Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to allow access to FTP through the browser, OR are you simply trying to make the site visible to your customers?

If you are allowing them FTP access directly through some FTP software (which you should NOT, as you NEVER know...) what do you need the through-browser FTP access for ?

Please clarify.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I think what needassistance want to Know is how to set up the website so people can login and upload and download file with out have to use a Ftp software. Like when you upload picture to myspace or facebook.

Comment

To create password protected pages (for the upload form and the download links) use BV's new login system: BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to allow access to FTP through the browser, OR are you simply trying to make the site visible to your customers?

If you are allowing them FTP access directly through some FTP software (which you should NOT, as you NEVER know...) what do you need the through-browser FTP access for ?

Please clarify.
          HI, please bear with me as i try to explain our intention. Im not an IT expert so this will be a bit touch and go... anyway...

First the nature of our bussiness and contruction and with this work, it is best to allow our Client to access a specific passwors protected folder in our FTP site to upload and downlod data for exchange of informations, as theis are normally huge files and emailo cannot normally handle. With this intention i have created a pasword protected name@wilprojects.biz FTP account in cpanel which i can give to our clients for upload and download requirements.

This is working actually if the Client knows how to get around it, but if not, the problem arise.

To access our site, they will have to go to ftp://ftp.wilprojects.biz which direct them to an error page. TO get around this, click pAGE or VIEW and then click Open FTP Site on Windows explorer. As i said, this is alright if the Client knows what they are doing if not, then they are lost.

I have used other FTP site for downloading files for our subcontractors and most of them have welcome messages or instructions on how to Open FTP site on window explorer and this is what i want to have. TO create a page where when our ftp site is typed in, the page will open up to an instruction page to access FTP site. HAve you encountered this before? MY question is how this page was set-up?

The next issue i have is< after clicking Page then Opent FTP Site in window explorer, a pop up FTP Folder error will apprear which most of our Client hits the wll because of the error pop-up. Again, we can get around this if Client knows what to do, like closing the box and proceed with the steps of loging in using the provided access username and password. So my next querstions is, how do we get rid of this pop up error as i believe this in not a normal occurance. May be you can try it so you can work out what my problem is as im not sure if im explaining this right.

My this issue is how do i set-up a log-in box as the only way my client can access the page is my right clicking and click login as which again, if not familiar, they dont know how to log-in.

Generally, i have manage to let our Client use the password protected Client folder in our FTP site with intrcutions form us on how to. My intension is, to ALLOW OUR cLIENTS TO USE THE SITE WITHOUT HAVING TO RING US ALL THE TIME TO ASK FOR ASSISTANCE. I want to access to be friendly withour any hiccups what so ever as we cannot afford time spent on giving everyone instruction on how to.

I hope the above explains our intentions. I have checked out the internet forsome instruction and i found this link http://www.gitex.co.th/plesk/manual/domain/19670.htm however, this is not vodahost so icannot use it. I am hoping to get an instruction pretty similar to the link so i can properly set-up the FTP access page.

Thanks. I hope i get more feedback as we are quite lost and support havent been gining me much to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post

We are trying to allow access to FTP through the browser and provide a welcome page or instruction page

If you are allowing them FTP access directly through some FTP software
            NO, not trough some FTP software (which you should NOT, as you NEVER know...)

what do you need the through-browser FTP access for ?

We need this so our Clients and other project associates can upload/dowload files for a quick exchange of informations which are normally huge drawing files and photoshop files which emails cannot handle to avoid sending disc copies which are toime consuming ofr our busineess.\

Please clarify.
            thanks

Comment

If files are large, you should consider using a "File Manager" script. There are many on the web, search it.

If , instead, files are small, you can easily do it with a form (for the uploads) and a file list (for the download). You will need a small script for that, to embed in BV.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Im still lost...... sorry as i said... im no IT person... Im an architect who happens to have get interested in building our website... now im hitting a huge wall that i cant climb...

thanks anyway...

Comment

Just an example, there are many others.....
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Here's a free one http://www.hulihanapplications.com/projects/bxr there an online demo so you can try it before you install it.

Comment

Be sure your use of server resources does not violate the parameters detailed in VodaHost's Terms of Service (file sharing, archival access, storage manner, 3rd party scripts, or server processing limits especially)!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                      X