X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool site question - may I ask ?

Hi All
    I have just been to this website www.zone5pix.com
    and really like the interface for images - please have a look at my website www.lonelyobject.com - I think the way it is done on the zone5pix site is far better and possibly a solution or replacement for my ( apparent misuse ) of the lightbox interface. (?)

Apologies to Carbon Terry if this question is out of place - your website is great - and you are indeed a helpful fellow. If I have asked this question in the wrong place please let me know.

Thanks in advance / kind regards

Mark a.k.a Maxy the Leprechaun :)

Re: Cool site question - may I ask ?

Not sure if that was created with the older version of the software, but the new one is very similar with a lot of extras. LINK
    But what was your question?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

sorry - I was referring to the way he has his gallery set up i.e you have a series of thumbnails then when you click on the image it comes up whilst still showing the thumbnails on the right - is this a lightbox that has been customised or the I-Frame ? I thought it might be another template ( for want of a better word ) - or has he made it himself ?

and then I just checked to get you the link and found it ( now shuffling feet rather embarrassing )

sorry all - I just need to purchase this software I think :)))
      Shozam Web Gallery Generator

cheers to all
      ( I'm a bit tired )

Comment

sorry all - I just need to purchase this software I think :)))
        Shozam Web Gallery Generator

Correct! Or you can make a simila version with BV. Sample with instructions.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
          Correct! Or you can make a simila version with BV. Sample with instructions.
          Cool! I will try this.

Comment

Hi all
            I have made a page with the inline frame as per the link - I am unsure about the uploading of the main images i.e where do I do this ?
            I have opened up my cpanel and thru filemanager have uploaded the images to the public html folder > images - is this correct ?
            These are the images I want the thumbnails to link to - I have named all the thumbnail images accordingly - do I have to name the images I uploaded as http://www.lonelyobject.com/imagename.jpg ?

Many thanks
            m

Comment

What you have done seems fine. It might of been tidy'er if you uploaded to an image folder, but the public_html will be fine. Naturally! don't name the thumbnails the same as the larger ones or you will over-right them when publishing. Or you can name them the same & then add something like a -tn to each one. IE: http://www.lonelyobject.com/imagename-tn.jpg
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

....just for your info: I have done the same sort of thing here & all I did was open a new page - insert the image (sized to fit my iframe) - save the page as *** & then link the appropriate thumb to it with target set as the iframe....
                time-consuming but simple & quite effective,
                david
                Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Yes, this is a purchased software.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Working...
                  X