Please check out my site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please check out my site!

Please check out my web site and let me know what you think, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    www.jdkinvitations.com

Re: Please check out my site!

first of all, gorgeous invitations! :)

The website looks great at first glance. One thing I did notice is the images in your custom invitation gallery should have proper titles (instead of the generic IMG_000 titles)

otherwise it looks good and is easy to navigate
    www.vibrantartstudios.com

Comment

very neat but wedding should be more colorful, don't you think?

Comment

Hi Jeana,
        really nice job - couple of small things:

Color Selection: little bit of side-scroll - check your page width. Also, since the page is quite long, you could have a "back to the top" link for the 'lazy' visitors :)
        Satin Ribbon: page needs to be just a tad more centered
        Grosgrain to Solid/Metallic: suddenly pages are opening in new windows?? Maybe want to keep all pages opening the same way?
        Envelope Liners: link doesn't work?
        Envelope Addressing: ditto
        Calligraphy: another long page......."back to top"?
        (Hand drawn Maps: super idea!)
        Invitation Timeline: or inviting guests who need to travel
        Invitation Terms:
        travel arrangements and time off work.

So, not too much! I think you've done a super job & wish you lots of luck,
        david

(oh, 1 more thing - just a personal observation & maybe I'm being dumb? On your About-In the Press page, you have a link to "see our ad on the knot"....OK, I'm sorry but I couldn't find it!! If it's not that obvious, maybe it's not that necessary??)

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Ditto with others on a bit more colour, but that is just personal choice. You will also help with page loading times & ranking with the SE's if you reduce the size of your images. This page is well over 2800kb & could be made nearer the 200kb for better performance.
          On your contact page i would recommend using a form as the spammers will easily pick up on your open email address & create unwanted emails for yourself.
          Also on the SE side of things, the phrases in your keywords have to be within the pages text content. Many keyword phrases you have used are not.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback, now I know where to start with revises.

Chris - I'm not sure what you mean about a form on the contact page. So I would need to add a form to the actual contact page to put the text on? But not a form for people to fill out right? Sorry, I wasn't sure what you meant, but I definitely want to keep the spammers away. Thanks so much!

Comment

looks good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeana_d View Post
                Thanks everyone for the feedback, now I know where to start with revises.

Chris - I'm not sure what you mean about a form on the contact page. So I would need to add a form to the actual contact page to put the text on? But not a form for people to fill out right? Sorry, I wasn't sure what you meant, but I definitely want to keep the spammers away. Thanks so much!
                Hi! Similar to this one where you don't have your actual email address on show. I think you would have to make one form for each email address on separate pages & have a link from your contact page to each email address.
                This could be via a link to a new page for each email address that you could have show up on a new page for each one, or in an iframe on the same page, or a pop-up page with the form on.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Question?? What did you use to make the pics show like that? Thanks B Flat

Comment

looks like Photobucket to me but I could be wrong....
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I would love to know what you used as well, I really like the look of them?

Comment

Working...
                      X