Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

creating new pages linked to index page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating new pages linked to index page.

ok, so I successfully created an index page and published it.

Then i added tabs to the index pages(series list, staff,....ect). After which i created said pages, and named them
    serieslist
    staff
    afterwhich I save it with "Save page as", then I click on "Publish".

I publish the page to the public/html folder on my site server and then edit the tabs on the index pages(serieslist, staff,ect..) to have a url of that name. "animeramune.com/serieslist"

though when I publish the new index page and click on the tab links, all i get is an error message.

What am i doing wrong? After I create the page that I am linking to (serieslist, staff,..ect) should I be saving it has a certain extension? And after they're published to the public/html folder, what do i do once it's in the server?

Re: creating new pages linked to index page.

its always a good thing to include a link so we can see what youve done so far. here goes. you have an index page with links on it to other pages in your website. here is what the link should look like:

so you hve to build page 1 and page 2 and save them as:
    page1
    page2

no caps, no spaces.

if you have a form on your page, usually contact us page has a form, then your link would be:

now there are good video tutorials explaining all this, so good luck
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
      its always a good thing to include a link so we can see what youve done so far. here goes. you have an index page with links on it to other pages in your website. here is what the link should look like:

so you hve to build page 1 and page 2 and save them as:
      page1
      page2

no caps, no spaces.

if you have a form on your page, usually contact us page has a form, then your link would be:

now there are good video tutorials explaining all this, so good luck

Thanksm this works now. But what do i have to do if I don't want the Html extension to show in the url?

Comment

You cant.

BV converts to html automatically when you publish.

Anyway what's the beef with not wanting the .html to be seen????

It is not doing your webpages any harm in any way.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X