rebuild index page does not show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild index page does not show

I am rebuilding our whole site, including the index page which has a gold background now. I saved and republished this newest version of the page many times as “index”. I included some text on the page too.
    But when our site name is Googled, an earlier version of this unfinished page but published page keeps coming op (I didn't want to lose the design). Any suggestions?

ALSO? IS THIS FORUM OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC?
    On 11-23-2009 at 12:01 hrs I posted a new thread "not a single contact yet..." This question is now for anybody (future clients) to see on Google (www.vodahost.com/.../54490-not-single-contact-yet.html - In cache). Is this normal? Maybe I shouldn’t have included our website name in de post message itself. I have it know included our website name in the forum TRACKBACK box.

PilotBen

Re: rebuild index page does not show

First of you have two index's one html and a php html one and the php one
    as html will always show before the php version that what will come on google.
    now if your going to use the gold version currently the php version you will have to ether delete the html one or republish the php one as html.

on second question vodahost or this forum don't control what google shows that is down to the webmaster or designer themselves, correcting the first part of this post will solve the second.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Dude, thanks for your reply.

However , the pages you mentioned html one and the php one are not the pages I need. The page I need is a recently constructed and published html page with a purple header and beneath it a white beveled box including a small column on the right side of the box. The whole screen background is gold colored.

My question is: how can I remove the two pages you mentioned?

Thank you,
      PB

Comment

go to FTP manager (under tool on BV page) to delete them

Comment

Hi WSBLUE,

Thanks for responding.
          I am thinking, maybe it’s a good idea to save my actual pages under a different name or with a special character in the name (so they are easy recognizable in the long FTP list), and then delete all other old pages. Please let me know.

There are so many pages published that I think it’s going to save me a lot of time versus picking them out one by one an risk removing a couple of actual ones.

I tried to open a page direct from FTP to check if it was an old page, but that don’t work, either that or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again for helping me out.
          PB

Comment

Make a New Folder in your BlueVoda document (May be named XXX)
            Open FTP again . Click "copy to" or "move to" of your work which are shown on the right side to left Folder XXX.
            Then you may delete your work which are on the right.

Comment

I tried the whole day to remove the 'index page.php' but I couldn’t find out how. How it got saved with the php extension, I don’t know.

Thanks for your efforts guys but I know too little about FTP. As a matter of fact I don’t understand it at all. I looked at the video several times but still don’t know why it’s for. I never used it, and my old sites came nevertheless on line. Is there an FTP tutorial for dummies anywhere?

I love using BV but can’t seem to grasp managing folders and stuff.
              In the mean time I’m stuck with this index.php page. Is there any other way to remove it (from Goole)?

Thanks anyway guys

Comment

I tried the whole day to remove the 'index page.php' but I couldn’t find out how. How it got saved with the php extension, I don’t know.

Open your webpage in BV.
                Right click the background and then select "Properties".

In the opened Properties dialogue window you will see .php or .html.

Select the down arrow to change to either one.

By the way, stop saying I dont know this and I dont know that. That is a defeatist attitude.

If you want to have your own website you will have to learn something about website building. Try to understand how things work one at a time.

There are members here who are grandmothers and great grandfathers all above 65 years of age who has been able to learn how to do it.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

The webpage I am talking about is a mystery page.
                  Here’s the URL: http://www.(my website name).com/trans.gif

Even Google can’t find the page. How do you expect me then to open the page in BV ? Believe me, I tried.

About mydefeatist attitude; I am a great grandfather turning 71 this month. I discovered BV about 2,5 years ago, learning website building slowly but steadily. I was also taking classes learning Photoshop for 2 years. My recent handicap (brain induced instability) prevents me from continuing these classes. So you see, I do try to understand how things work one at the time, as good as I can.

I’m sorry if I got on your nerves with my “don’t knows”, but I was just explaining where my limitations lie, to help get the right answer from the forum. By the way, I do know how to right click and use “properties”.

So I do hope someone has a solution to this, because I even can’t alter or delete the mystery page.

Thank you.

Comment

In order for us to see it we will have to have the URL. Leave a blank space in the name to keep it from being an actual link.
                    To use the FTP...
                    1. Open your BV web builder
                    2. Click on: Tools/ FTP
                    3. A new window will open
                    4. Click on "Connect"
                    5. Select your IP#, enter your username and password
                    6. All of the files on your computer will be on the left side of the screen.
                    7. All files that you have published will be on the right side of the screen
                    8. You can click on any file and select Delete (the red X at the top.)
                    9. Now you know how to access the FTP function.
                    The FTP function is used when you have to put a file on the server (public_html) that you cannot publish.
                    10. To do that you will drag a file from the left panel to the right panel.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                      In order for us to see it we will have to have the URL. Leave a blank space in the name to keep it from being an actual link.
                      To use the FTP...
                      1. Open your BV web builder
                      2. Click on: Tools/ FTP
                      3. A new window will open
                      4. Click on "Connect"
                      5. Select your IP#, enter your username and password
                      7. All files that you have published will be on the right side of the screen
                      8. You can click on any file and select Delete (the red X at the top.)
                      9. Now you know how to access the FTP function.
                      The FTP function is used when you have to put a file on the server (public_html) that you cannot publish.
                      10. To do that you will drag a file from the left panel to the right panel.
                      Excellent Step by Step Instruction.

Comment

The FTP info is here in a video tutorial
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Hi Terry,

I understand now most of what you can do with the FTP manager.

7. All files that you have published will be on the right side of the screen.

question:

If I delete something, say a “header” or a "shape" (made in Photoshop) on the right side, will it be gone from the pages on the left side too?
                          -----------------------
                          Here is the URL of the mystery page: http://www. sarbliny.com/trans.gif (empty space before the s). Can’t find the page on either side in the FTP.

Thanks for helping me out.

Comment

No, not possible the other way either.
                            CarbonTerry
                            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                            Zone 5 Photo
                            My USMC

Comment

The left is what is on your PC hard drives.

The right is what is on your Voda servers which can be found in cPanel.

Your delete action will have to be done seperately.
                              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                              X