Changing pages from html to php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing pages from html to php

Will doing this affect search engine progress made thus far? What would be the best way to go about doing it? Just change extension and republish? Should I redirect from html to php pages?
    www.triquemfg.com

Re: Changing pages from html to php

html or php don't affect search engine.

to choose html or php:
    right click page properties on BV page
    File extension: choose html or php

Comment

Yes, it will.

Your html pages have already been indexed, changing them to .php means that SEs will need to index from scratch.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        Yes, it will.

Your html pages have already been indexed, changing them to .php means that SEs will need to index from scratch.
        I am sorry. I didn't think of have been indexed already.

Comment

I would do a 301 redirect for all important pages. Make sure that you do a custom 404 page also.
          Implementing a 301 redirect for static pages

First of all, you'll need to download the .htaccess file in the root directory of where all your web pages are stored. If there is no .htaccess file there, you can create one with Notepad or a similar application. Make sure when you name the file that you remember to put the "." at the beginning of the file name. This file has no tail extension.
          If there is a .htaccess file already in existence with lines of code present, be very careful not to change any existing line unless you are familiar with the functions of the file.
          Scroll down past all the existing code, leave a line space, then create a new line that follows this example:
          redirect 301 /old/old.htm http://www.you.com/new.htm
          It's as easy as that. Save the file, upload it back into your web and test it out by typing in the old address to the page you've changed. You should be instantly and seamlessly transported to the new location.
          Notes: Be sure not to add "http://www" to the first part of the statement - just put the path from the top level of your site to the page. Also ensure that you leave a single space between these elements:
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Working...
          X