How not to end up bald and insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to end up bald and insane!

After learning the hard way these tips are aimed at saving you time, hair and sanity!

Before you start, even though you may think it is a bind, draw a rough plan out on paper. Even if it's just a spider diagram. Start with your home page (index) in the middle. It helps you think and visualise your site and gives you a point of reference when you start going off on tangents. You will go off on tangents.

Also make a wee list of things that each page has to have like menu bar, PAGE TITLE, keywords etc... and refer to it as you go along. That way when you have published your site you won't have to mess about going through every page AGAIN and publish AGAIN to add these annoying yet essential titbits of information.

Oh - and when using i-frames and images - REMEMBER TO SET YOUR TARGET (for the images to open) TO TOP!
    Just a thought.... Good luck and happy web designing and building.

Bald and insane, UK. Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: How not to end up bald and insane!

Hmmmmm.....
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
      Hmmmmm.....
      Lol! No offence inteneded Racefan! Lol! You suit yours anyhow. Mine was coming in out in clumps! Lol. Nice signature by the way ;o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
        Lol! No offence inteneded Racefan! Lol! You suit yours anyhow. Mine was coming in out in clumps! Lol. Nice signature by the way ;o)
        LOL I thought you, of all people, would like that signature, Amanda.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

A useful tip - Look at other websites, if you like a certain design or layout work around that,decide on the colours and pictures you are going to use before you start and stick to it, I wasted alot of time deciding on colours.
          If you feel you are about to pull your hair out or want to throw your computer out the window, "have a Break" or shut your computer down.
          Another thing if you have young children they will have to get used to the frais "in a minuet"
          Another thing! we Scots say, Keep yer hair on!
          Good call Girlonthehill, wish someone put out some pointers when I first started.
          Pixel
          www.pixel-photo-images.co.uk
          www.flynnphotography.co.uk
          "a photograph is a memory locked in time,look at that memory & you will remember"

Comment

Another tip to keep your hair in place is to search for the answer to your problems in the forum - it really is already there!

Saved myself hours of time yesterday when I found dear old Racefan had already answered my question about a month before I thought to ask it!

Thanks Race!
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Amanda you crack me up with the stuff you come up with at times, lol

Comment

Had I only known!

Honestly, this should be the absolute first step: Write it down, describe it, draw it, and show how it is supposed to work/connect.

Without a plan, it is impossible to create a soliution for something as elusive as an idea, since they keep changing. Editing is a lot simpler than re-creating, and surely better for morale!

I agree with you completely.
                Write it down, ask another's perspective, then color it in!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

or or or you could just not bother and go to bed for 6 months and throw out the pc and then all will be calm and peice on earth to all men will be,
                    oh and thanks for all sharing with me on how to have a realy nice signature thanks ...did it all while i wasnt looking i suppose did you , rite i realy need a glittery signature now and no im not hhmm gay race i dont need big fast cars to reasure me big boy
                    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Bump
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

bump

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

LOL

Did you visualise any of the regulars avitars before that post!!?? hehehehe
                          Glitzz Original Hand-made Beaded Jewelry, Accessories, and Gifts By Julie Knight of Toronto, Canada. OH YEAH BABY CANADA!!!

Comment

LOL Glitz, avatars dont work for me for some unknown reason :) Regular or otherwise :)

FPRULES

Comment

You lot might be having a good laugh about these simple tips on "How not to end up bald and insane" but I think they're fab! Thank you guys!
                              I'm new to all this and totally thick when it comes to doing ANYTHING on a computer, ESPECIALLY building a website!! The simplest advice in the world never makes any sense to me! I, stupidly, didn't think I'd have to go through the chore of designing my site on paper but it's the advice I keep getting!! So, after reading these posts I got it done tonight and my diagram looks lovely!! Problem now is how to actually build it!! Did someone once say building a site was easy - even for beginners?????!!!

Glitzz, your avatar is awesome!! Sorry, just felt the need to point that out...!

---------------------------
                              *PCQ*

"Life is an unrelenting comedy. Therein lies the tragedy of it..." -Martin Stillwater-
                              sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Comment

Working...
                              X