Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Width

Hi,

I currently have my page width as 800( i am sure i was advised this somewhere, but could do with it a bit bigger).
    Will it effect anything if it is slightly bigger?
    Is it something to how it views in browser

Cheers
    Paul

Re: Page Width

the older most positive size is 800 - that is because that is the lowest resolution anyone can set their monitor up as. i have read that 80% of the population now use the 1024 x 768 resolution, so if you made your width less than 1024 then most of the people would not have to scroll left to right. i believe that more and more people are using wider than 1024 as the width regarding resolution.
    most of my sites are around 900 to 950.
    if you look at my site you will see a red border on each side that is about 50 pixels wide meaning that the width of my site is about 925 pixels. you cannot regulate what others set their computors up with, but i think you would be pretty safe if you kept in under 1024.
    good luck
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks spo much thats great, i cant upload a page to show anyone at the moment but i am trying to quickly build a new site, because have took a lot of money from corporate sponsors and our current site is embaressing.

Thanks Again

Comment

My site is set to 1000 pxls wide. No complaints, no drama, http://www.thefemalezone.com
        The Female Zone

Comment

Hi Paul,

Check this out...........
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X