X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Only 1 of 14 Webpages shows up, where are they

ERROR 404 at times, 1 of 14 pages shows. Where's the rest

Brand New Website published yesterday with Free Vodahost Domain Name AT
    www.davedubroff.com is not yet visible, I get a vodahost.com page instead. Yet, all files are in public_html

At the temp ip address I get the home page and no others. Up in the bookmark corner I see ERROR 404. When I go to any other page from the GO TO button, I get a Vodahost Maintanence message that read be back in 90 minutes, that was 24 Hours ago.

Would love to know what I did. (I did install Vodahost Version 11.4) Mentioning this does not mean I'm blaming newest version.

Lisa

Re: Help, Only 1 of 14 Webpages shows up, where are they

Have you pointed your domain at your server from your billing area.
    It can take a day or so to propagate, but can also work within a few hours.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

How wonderful to have a reply.

Vodahost in their Welcome Login Letter said that the domain name they provided for free with the Annual Hosting Package is fully functional and not to do anything.

Does a Temp publishing URL need to propagate also. http://75.126.104.131/~davedubr/

I will go to billing and check it out. However it does not make sense that the "Vodahost be back in 90 Minutes Maintenance page" would show up where each one of the other 13 webpages should be. I only see the first webpage when I go to the temp url and no more.

My links from one page to the other is http://www.davedubroff.com/dd_bio.html
      How can it not work.

Thank you so much,

Lisa

Comment

I just got the message below. (Which is unusual for VH) Have you also published your index page in lower case letters? (Home page)

Dear Customers and Friends,
        VodaHost is currently undergoing routine scheduled maintenance. Everything should be back to normal in approximately 90 minutes.
        If you require emergency assistance, please click here to contact
        our customer support help desk.

Thank you in advance.

Brad Costello
        Managing director
        VodaHost
        Your Website People!
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I know that the Vodahost Maintenance Message is not the norm, and I am not clear what makes it show up if is was my publishing mistake from my end.

Any YES, I did do everything in lower case. I am happy you asked. I remember that one from a couple of years ago when I had Index.html and not index.html That's how come I'm clear it could be a very, very simple thing to fix the site now.

I see all of my published pages in public_html
          AND fortunately I do see the home page. Perhaps there is something with the GO TO links that connects them, they are bringing up vodahost maintenance message and not my published pages.

I have no clue and I'm relieved to be posting to someone about this. I posted a ticket yesterday and have not heard a word from support yet.

Lisa

Comment

Must admit its a long 90 minutes its taking. But i think it will have to wait for the maintenance to finish & an answer to your support ticket. (It is the weekend)
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hey Lisa,
              as of this moment all is working just fine!!
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Cant remember why this happens, but there is a post on the forum about it somewhere.
                When you go to http://www.davedubroff.com it is directed to the VH page.
                But when you put in http://davedubroff.com it will go to your index page.
                Would be nice to know what it is that creates this? You would think the 1st one is correct.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

YES, the website IS LIVE. Thank you all for your help.

Support said to wait up to 72 hours for propagation and SUPPORT WAS RIGHT. Somehow I thought since the domain name came directly from Vodahost that propagation would be instant from the fact that I usually buy my domain names from freeparking and then point them.

Support did not explain the 90 minute maintenance message showing up where the other 13 pages should have been. They simple said to wait up to 72 hours for propagation. THEY WERE RIGHT. Hooray.

It did not make sense to me that the temporary url for publishing would show 1 of 14 pages. You would think that it would show ALL or NONE. I am typing all this for the next guy who post the same pressing question.

Vodahost Rocks and you guys here who posted to me first were a godsend. I got feedback faster here than from support this time around. You brought me and my client peace of mind, you asked me great questions, and offered me great advice.

Signed, Very, Very Grateful

Lisa

Comment

Now that's interesting, Chris........I just clicked both links & both went to the index page!!!
                    david

oh -oh - 2 minutes too late.....again!!
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                      Now that's interesting, Chris........I just clicked both links & both went to the index page!!!
                      david

oh -oh - 2 minutes too late.....again!!
                      Bit of propagation & a bit of caching at my end.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Your question is what I have been wondering - how do you know when the domain they set up is working ?

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                          Your question is what I have been wondering - how do you know when the domain they set up is working ?
                          Typically you will see 'Index of' - If you havn't yet published.

If you have published you will see your site.
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                            Bit of propagation & a bit of caching at my end.
                            ah-HAH!

Comment

Visitors to davedubroff.com are now reporting the repeat of Vodahost.com Page showing up instead of davedubroff.com webpage even though they cleared their cache. I am wondering if I should empty the website from cpanel and publish all, all over again. Any ideas, or thoughts or fixes explanations from you posters on this. I would be very greatful to hear from you. I did reopen the ticket I previously had with support. You guys are usually faster to respond.

Comment

Working...
                              X