Form Field Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Field Problem

One field on one of my forms lately began not working properly. It's an email field in which data is required. The problem is that it's possible to submit the form without filling-in email data.

After reading Naval Design's other recent and related forum posts, I've checked the "Read Only" box, saved and published page. Then, unchecked it, saved and published. Still didn't work. I've deleted that field and published the page. Then, rebuilt the field and published. Still didn't work. Here's the form.

Any guidance appreciated.

Steve
    www.irstnorcal.com

Re: Form Field Problem

I suppose that you are talking about ABVFP's validation ?

If yes, The field name must be Email-Re, you have named it "Email-e" so it is NOT R-equired

Regarding BV's internal validation, it fails due to the & symbol in the form name: Lunch_&_Learn_Request . Remove it.

Symbols have particular meanings in all programming languages, and the form name must be ONLY letters and numbers.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, as usual. I've corrected the email suffix to -Re instead of -e. Also changed form name so that the & is omitted. All is well now!

Interestingly, the ABVFB.v2 Tutorial, on pg. 8, shows the Validation Extention for email fields should be -e. And, my other forms use email fields with -e that work exactly as they should. As did this form, until recently. (After I loaded the latest BV, had problems with many form fields until I performed the function stated in second paragraph of my post, below, and resolved those issues.)

Nonetheless, no doubt I'm not aware of apparent recent modifications to the ABVFB.v2 tutorial and thank you for calling that to my attention.

Thanks again, George. Take care.

Steve
      www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

Infact, email validation requires -e as extension. But, to make it also required, the -Re extension is required.

On the contrary of BV's validation, where validating a field as email makes it automatically also required, ABVFP doesn't do so, to give you the freedom to verify email addresses also not required.

In example, you may have
        Email
        Alternative email.

Giving the extension -Re to the first will make it Required and set it as Required.
        Giving the extension -e to the second, will result in validating it as email ONLY if it is filled in by the user.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X