PDA

View Full Version : PUBLISH All files, PUBLISH HTML files only OR PUBLISH changed files only

ARTfulWebDesign
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
In BlueVoda, There are THREE PUBLISHING CHOICES to choose from. Is there a tutorial as to which one you use when. It is obvious to me that for a brand new website, that I would PUBLISH ALL FILES. If I'm wrong let me know.

I would assume that after your website has been published the way your want it, that you would publish changed files only for smaller changes. I'm guessing.

When would I use PUBLISHED HTML ONLY. At what point do I PUBLISH CHANGED FILES ONLY.

Does one of the three publishing choices override all other files and the other choice adds to.

The bottom line is. I want to get clear on the correct use of each one and not wonder each time I publish whether I had done the right thing.

Thank you, Lisa

DarrenC
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi Lisa, you will not harm anything if you 'publish all files' everytime you do an update, thats how I've been doing it for years. BV pages are published on a page by page basis so I wouldn't worry about it.

Others here may think differently and I am sure they will be along soon!

ahimsa
01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I've only been using BV for just more than a year but I've done A LOT of updating to my pages & I say ditto to Darren,
david

ARTfulWebDesign
01-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Thank you both. You're right, the fact that pages are published on a page to page basis, it's a no brainer to choose "PUBLISH all files". Thank you for that piece of mind. Atleast now I won't keep wondering if I am doing the correct thing.

I would still love to know the purpose of having the other two choices and when someone would use those choices over the other two. Vodahost is great. I love it.

Lisa

WSBlue
01-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Publish all files take longer to be published than the other two choices.