PUBLISH All files, PUBLISH HTML files only OR PUBLISH changed files only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUBLISH All files, PUBLISH HTML files only OR PUBLISH changed files only

In BlueVoda, There are THREE PUBLISHING CHOICES to choose from. Is there a tutorial as to which one you use when. It is obvious to me that for a brand new website, that I would PUBLISH ALL FILES. If I'm wrong let me know.

I would assume that after your website has been published the way your want it, that you would publish changed files only for smaller changes. I'm guessing.

When would I use PUBLISHED HTML ONLY. At what point do I PUBLISH CHANGED FILES ONLY.

Does one of the three publishing choices override all other files and the other choice adds to.

The bottom line is. I want to get clear on the correct use of each one and not wonder each time I publish whether I had done the right thing.

Thank you, Lisa

Re: PUBLISH All files, PUBLISH HTML files only OR PUBLISH changed files only

Hi Lisa, you will not harm anything if you 'publish all files' everytime you do an update, thats how I've been doing it for years. BV pages are published on a page by page basis so I wouldn't worry about it.

Others here may think differently and I am sure they will be along soon!
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I've only been using BV for just more than a year but I've done A LOT of updating to my pages & I say ditto to Darren,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you both. You're right, the fact that pages are published on a page to page basis, it's a no brainer to choose "PUBLISH all files". Thank you for that piece of mind. Atleast now I won't keep wondering if I am doing the correct thing.

I would still love to know the purpose of having the other two choices and when someone would use those choices over the other two. Vodahost is great. I love it.

Lisa

Comment

Publish all files take longer to be published than the other two choices.

Comment

Working...
          X