Banned from Google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from Google?

I'm perplexed. I submitted to Google awhile back (in Jan or early Feb), and have been trying to make sure my site is within all their rules. But, I can't find it no matter how far I go down the listings when I Google my key phrases.

I tried the link:fineartanddecor.com tool and got nothing! No links found. I tried the same for Vodahost and got back good results so I must be using it correctly. I heard this is one way to determined if you've been banned (panic coming on). However, I found and tried this nifty tool

http://www.123promotion.co.uk/tools/googlebanned.php

which came back "site not banned". Can anyone enlighten me here? Do I need to sacrifice a virgin or a chicken to the Google gods?
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: Banned from Google?

No your have not been banned from Google, perhaps some of keywords are not ranking. Go to your Google toolbar and type in your domain include www. All your pages are indexed. pet121

Comment

Thanks pet121, any idea why my links aren't showing in the link: tool?
      Terri
      www.ice-tropic.com
      www.janebondtravel.com
      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Google loves filtering links this is what I believe to have happened. This happens to me all the time. I checked your link popularity on MSN there are 18 and Yahoo 5. Also do not submitt to Google they will find you. As for your current situation I wouldn't worry about it to much.

My site has 150 cross link exchanges only 3 made it through. pet121

Comment

Thanks, you took a load off my mind!
          Terri
          www.ice-tropic.com
          www.janebondtravel.com
          www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Google will never show you all your links.

However, as a new site, you'll also be in Google's "sandbox" for anywhere from 6-9 months, sometimes longer. That means that they find your site and spider it - but don't really move it up in organic searches. One reason is because one factor Google has for a site is longevity - and a new site doesn't get the same points. Just keep your optimization efforts on point, and, with time, it all will fall into place.

Don't really pay attention to what Google shows as links - and don't think that their page rank is life or death either - as long as you have a professional site and stay on the high road - you'll get there.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the information Bethers. I will stick with it and keep trying to get it optimized as best I can. Back to writing articles!
              Terri
              www.ice-tropic.com
              www.janebondtravel.com
              www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Working...
              X