Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal multi-item postage calculation

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I need to make an paypal add to cart button, but i need it to calculate the first item at a fixed postage rate, and then if a second or third item is added it needs to calculated those at half postage rate of the first item.

This is not just for 2 of the same item - I can work that out. I want to know how to have the postage calculated as I've show below, for different items.

first item: $4.00 postage
    second, but different item: $2.00 postage
    third, but different item: $2.00 postage
    fourth: etc

At the moment every time a person adds a new item to their cart that differs from the one they have already added, Paypal automatically charges them the base rate, making the postage far higher than it needs to be.

Is there a way to fix this using BV?

Thanks for your help

Tammy

Re: Paypal multi-item postage calculation

i believe you can do this directly with paypal. i would go to the paypal site, and check out advance settings there.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks...I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome :)

Tammy

Comment

I can adjust it in Paypal - well sort of, they only do postage calculations for dollar amounts - which doesn't really correlate with weight etc. This doesn't correlate with the Paypal buttons in BV - is there a way to do this within BV?

Thanks Tammy.

Comment

i dont think so, you may with special coding, but i just use the code from paypal direct and put my own button in. very easy to do. let us know if you need some help.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

There is no way to do this exept with a custom script. This means that you need a custom shopping cart and not one that will work out of your site.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks...at least now I know I can't do it and will stop pulling my hair out :)

Tammy

Comment

Working...
              X