Can't get form to make mandatory data entry. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get form to make mandatory data entry. Need help

I have the same form on many pages on my site. I decided I would make in mandatory for some info to be put into the form before the website viewer/form submiter could submit the form. I went into form properties and went through the process of making some fields mandatory. Problem is you can still submit the form with those fields empty.

Can someone help me with this please. I have tried doing it myself but can't figure it out.

Check http://gowestins.com/medicare-supplement-quote.php. Fill out the form and you can leave all fields blank and it will let you submit.
    Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
    West Insurance

I'm swell, thanks for asking...

Re: Can't get form to make mandatory data entry. Need help

i see a couple of things that could be wrong:
    1. your send button is outside of the form area - it is very important that all elements are inside the form box. just open your box and then try to move an item and you will be able to see the outline of the box.
    2. when i clicked on your form it showed me you chose the multipart/formdata and you should have left that field blank or choose applicataionet...
    3. i cannot see if you validated each field and made it necessary for your guest to fill out the form.
    i made the exact form that you did and you can try it if you leave out any field it will tell you.

i would suggest you watch the video tutorials again, i know you have watched them a hundred times, but do it again and again until you get it right. if you still cannont get it i can give you some one on one help just by contacting me through my website. by the way i do that for free to all forum members.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Form Name use underscore:
      Medicare_Supplement_Quote_Request_Form

Comment

Multipart / form data suits all cases...
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Mr. Magoo,

I will try what you have said here. I did try your form and yes it did work as I want mine to work.

Not quite getting what WSBlue and navaldesign are saying...
          Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
          West Insurance

Comment

Please follow instructions by WS blue.

Your issue is that the Form name contains whitespaces, use a one-word name OR use underscores.

What I said is that encoding type multipart / form data is ok, you don't need to change it (as this is not your issue)
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign, you were correct. That fixed my issue. Now I just get to copy and past that corrected form on about 50 of my pages (I have a page for every state in the U.S.). Thanks a bunch for the help.
              Tyler W. West

Medicare Supplement
              West Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by tyler9953 View Post
                navaldesign, you were correct. That fixed my issue. Now I just get to copy and past that corrected form on about 50 of my pages (I have a page for every state in the U.S.). Thanks a bunch for the help.

Ouch!! Thats why I do this http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ther-page.html
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                X