Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control log in activate

Hi all,

I am using the log in feature on my website and set the "properties" of the "signup" so that I review and activate ech account myself. Everything seems to be working fine, I have tested all aspects of the sign up, log in, change password etc so that part is all good.

My question is, how do I know when someone has signed up?

Am I supposed to get an email notification that there is a new member waiting for approval?

If so, how do I set that up?

Specific instructions would be appreciated, total novice here.

Many thanks
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
    www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Re: Control log in activate

Did you read the tutorial ?

From the tutorial /Signup Object section):

You can also set up the text of the error messages, as well as your email address (where you will receive a notification email upon a new registration).
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, I read the tutorial, even printed out a copy. That's if we are talking about the same tutorial. It was one you posted in one of the forums, not sure how old it was or if it had been updated since but didn't see anything in there about "signup Object".

Could you please provide a link to that tutorial and I will study it?

Many thanks Naval.
      Rowena

Comment

There is only one: BV’s new built in Login system – a brief tutorial.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, you are right, it was in there but it doesn't really elaborate how to set it up.

I put in the email address that I want notifications to be sent to and added text "A new account has been set up, please allow up to 48 hours for account activation".

I tested it by "signing up" under a different name and my personal email address and my notification email got sent the same message as the member who signed up. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Can we not have a simple email sent to me saying "Someone new has signed up" and a separate one to the member who signed up?

Are we able to customise the members email to add paragraphs or change fonts?
          Rowena

Comment

At the moment, the Login script works with a single email that is sent to both the new member AND the admin. Just use some text that will suit your visitor, since you are the Admin there is not really an issue if the text of your own email isn't exactly what you want, as long as it makes you understand that there has been a new registration.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Ok thanks Naval,

Thought I would ask, wasnt sure if i'd just overlooked something.

I know youre really very busy but I've had a thread postd for a few days that no-one has been able to help me on, would you mind taking a look for me? Ive almost completed the upgrade to my site and now just waiting on this one thing to resolve.

This is link to the thread here

Any ideas on what is wrong would be appreciated.
              Rowena

Comment

Working...
              X