X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published my website but certain links/pages not working

Domain- www.thehouseinfrance.com

Hi there,

Set up my first website with Bluevoda- all seemed to be going really well but I have just published all the pages and I have a few issues. I have gone back through all the tutorials and I don't seem to be able to find an answer for what it wrong:

1. Pictures I have uploaded into site take ages to load up on the website- do I need to save them as a particular type of file/size of file to make them easier to view.
    2. I have set all the menu up and linked the pages- they all work except one- contact us. I have gone back through everything from how I named the page (no capitals no spaces etc), properties of page etc and can't gind a reason why this wouldnt work- set up same as all the others.
    3. Finally I have linked some text to pages within my website from the 'to book' page. These just dont seem to work. Again reviewed tutorial and dont seem to have done anything wrong- but obviously have somehow!

If anyone has answers to any of the above would be relly appreciative as thought I had done quite well otherwise!

Cheers!

Re: Published my website but certain links/pages not working

1. local area text link does not have the html extension at the end - same with the house - link should look like this:

2. contact us should have a php extension as you have a form in it - link should look like this:

if you have a picture that is very big when you imported the picture to the page and all you did was use the corner bars to resize the pictures, it will take forever to load them up. use the tool from blue voda call resizer - here is the link for you to get started to download the software:

also your pictures should have no caps and no spaces when you name them. if you want to use 2 or 3 words then combine them with a _ underscore. here is one of the pictures that you put up
    http://www.thehouseinfrance.com/imag...2009%20023.JPG

it should look like this:
    thehouseinfrance.com/images/France_July09_20023.JPG

i left out the http://www. so you could see the name better.
    good luck
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

You need to also have a look at some of the basics of page building.
      Keep the pages under 1000px wide to save side scroll.
      Keep your images down to around 30kb & a pop up if you want a larger one. Many of yours are well over 1000kb & will just make visitors leave with the slow loading times.
      Build your site from the far left of your BV page & use the centre in browser to bring it altogether.
      Your contact link on some page's have a html extension & should be with a .php extension.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice from you both. I have gone back through every page and corrected my mistakes. All seems to be working now!
        Really appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.
        Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X